Software Development Manager
- New York, NY
The New Technology for Security Team within Global Security Operations is a critical part of Amazon Security. We monitor events & alarms across 4000+ fulfilment & distribution sites, manage access worldwide, and orchestrate the onboarding process. Our software and systems are scaled to operate world-wide at sub-second latency, by processing high volume, real-time transactions on top of robust, highly distributed, asynchronous compute infrastructure. Our systems help Amazonians secure what matters most.
We are hiring a Software Development Manager to lead our software team in Seattle. In this highly visible role, you will partner with business teams to design and document requirements, and develop technical strategies and a software roadmap for delivery of features. You'll be responsible for a software team that delivers innovative security & loss prevention solutions roadmap features and maintains operation of a world-wide fleet of computing resources.
• Bachelor's degree and/or Master's degree in Computer Science or equivalent.
• 5+ years of experience converting complex worldwide scale business requirements into simplified, scalable software architectures. Sharp analytical abilities and proven design skills are required.
• 3+ years of experience managing software development teams, including managing the complete software development life cycle for large scale products and services, within an Agile/Scrum environment.
• Have a hands-on knowledge of Java, NodeJS, or C/C++, and mainstream cloud computing technologies.
• Deep architectural expertise in the design of large-scale, highly available, low latency, distributed systems and software.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Back to top