Software Development Manager
- Seattle, WA
AWS Supply Chain Management (SCM) Team is building next generation enterprise supply chain products on native AWS. Come and be part of the team that enables Amazon AWS to rapidly grow and continue to be the pioneer and widely recognized leader in Cloud Computing, and have immediate impact on the thousands of developers and businesses around the world.
We are rapidly growing and have an exciting charter in front of us that includes solving highly complex engineering and algorithmic problems. We are looking for passionate and talented software development managers to join us to innovate and work on challenging and high impact problems. You will manage software engineering teams that architects, designs, and implements federated and highly scalable distributed systems that provide availability and latency guarantees. You will be playing a crucial role in developing the next generation supply chain systems, and get the opportunity to design and deliver enterprise class products from ground up. Your team will use AWS's cutting edge technologies to build backend services and customer features rapidly.
To succeed in this role, You must deliver high-quality solutions, creative in solving hard problems and think out-of-the-box. A successful candidate will have an established background in driving clarity in ambiguous technical environments, developing long-term roadmaps, and a strong ability to develop and coach engineers. You will influence the team's technical and product strategy by making insightful contributions to priorities and approach. You will set the standard for engineering excellence, take the lead in identifying and solving ambiguous technical problems, architecture deficiencies, and resolve software bottlenecks for your team. You will be responsible for building, maintaining, and organizing your teams, defining, measuring, and reporting on your organizations key performance metrics. You will collaborate with other teams in the supply chain organization and help build an end to end supply chain product suite for AWS and its customers.
• Hire and develop a strong and highly effective team
• Manage the day-to-day activities of the engineering team within an Agile/Scrum environment
• Create roadmaps, project plans and commitments for yourself and your team, then deliver consistently against those commitments.
• Work closely with UX designers, product managers, and engineers to develop user friendly UI experiences
• Work closely with engineers to architect and develop the best technical design
• Engage with customers and partners
• Collaborate with product management on the roadmap and delivery dates
• Be a champion for operational excellence
• Report on status of development, quality, operations, and system performance
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent.
• 5+ years of software development experience including design patterns, data structures, test driven development.
• Management experience in software development field.
• Define product road-maps and technical strategy.
• Computer Science fundamentals in OOD, algorithm design, data structures, problem solving, and complexity analysis
• Strong sense of ownership, customer obsession, and drive
• Technical expertise with established skills in designing and developing solutions to complex problems in a distributed systems environment.
• People management and mentorship to help develop successful engineering careers.
• Ability to handle multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment.
• Customer relationship skills including the ability to discover the true requirements underlying feature requests, recommend alternative technical and business approaches, and lead engineering efforts to meet tight timelines with optimal solutions.
• Present complex technical information in a clear and concise manner to a variety of audiences.
• Work with teams at all levels of the organization.
• Meets/exceeds Amazon's leadership principles requirements for this role
• Meets/exceeds Amazon's functional/technical depth and complexity for this role
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us
Back to top