Software Development Manager
- Seattle, WA
Amazon Lab126 is an inventive research and development company that designs and engineers high-profile consumer electronics. Lab126 began in 2004 as a subsidiary of Amazon.com, Inc., originally creating the best-selling Kindle family of products. Since then, we have produced groundbreaking devices like Fire tablets, Fire TV, and Amazon Echo. What will you help us create?
Work hard. Have fun. Make history.
As a member of the Alexa Devices team you will be responsible for leading the development and launch of core product features. You will have significant influence on our overall strategy by helping define these product features, drive the system architecture, and spearhead the best practices that enable a quality product.
The ideal candidate is clearly passionate about new opportunities and has a demonstrable track record of success in delivering new features and products. A commitment to team work, hustle, and strong communication skills are absolute requirements. Creating reliable, scalable, and high performance products requires exceptional technical expertise, a sound understanding of the fundamentals of Computer Science, and practical experience building software products. In this role, you will:
• Be responsible for the development and maintenance of key features for Amazon Echo
• Work with other team members to investigate design approaches, prototype new technology and evaluate technical feasibility
• Assist with Architecture and Design of new and current systems
• Work in an Agile/Scrum environment to deliver high quality software
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or equivalent.\
• 7+ years of experience in developing and leading strong engineering teams.
• 5+ years of Software Development experience;
• 5+ years experience developing embedded systems including experience as a systems solutions architect.
• Knowledge of emerging platforms, Java, C/C++, Android, Linux, operating system principles, and programming best practices.
• Master's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or equivalent.
• Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations.
• Deep understanding of low level embedded systems design.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Entrepreneurial spirit combined with strong program and product management skills.
Lab126 is part of the Amazon.com, Inc. group of companies and is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer - Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation
Back to top