Software Development Manager
AWS Marketplace (https://aws.amazon.com/marketplace/) is an online store that helps customers find, buy, and immediately start using software and services that run on the AWS Cloud. We are looking for an experienced Software Development Manager to take ownership of critical pieces of our Financial platform. This is the team that has shipped significant industry leading capabilities such as the ability to sell SaaS products in AWS Marketplace. You will be responsible for hiring, crafting a vision, building a roadmap, and delivering. Additionally, you will have significant influence on our overall AWS Marketplace strategy, drive system architecture, and spearhead best practices for your team.
In this role, a commitment to team work, hustle, and strong communication skills (to both business and technical partners) are absolute requirements. Creating a reliable, scalable, and high performance service requires exceptional technical expertise and a sound understanding of the fundamentals of Computer Science and large-scale distributed systems. You should be somebody who enjoys working on complex system software, is customer-centric, and feels strongly about building good software as well as making that software achieve its operational goals.
Interested in helping us amaze and delight cloud software sellers, and grow Marketplace selection to encompass any kind of software you can imagine?
- BS in Computer Science or equivalent
- 5+ years of industry experience, including 2+ years as a Development Manager
- Proven track record of hiring and managing high performing engineering teams
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to present complex technical information in a clear and concise manner to executives and non-technical leaders
- Demonstrated ability to achieve stretch goals in a highly innovative and fast paced environment.
- 7+ years of industry experience, including 3+ years as a Development Manager
- Programming in C, C++, C# and/or Java in Linux and/or Windows environment.
- Experience building scalable infrastructure software or distributed systems for commercial online services.
- Experience with AWS services EC2, EBS, RDS, SWF, etc
- Sharp analytical abilities and proven design skills.
- Strong sense of ownership, urgency, and drive.
- Demonstrated leadership abilities in an engineering environment in driving operational excellence and best practices.
Meet Some of Amazon's Employees
Senior UX Designer
Mae integrates human-centered design into tools that enable business partners to operate efficiently and intuitively. She analyzes customer needs and pain points to improve designs.
Back to top