Software Development Manager
Finance Technology is looking for a results-oriented, driven Software Development Manager to lead a highly talented team of software engineers. Our ideal candidate thrives in a fast-paced environment, relishes working with big data, enjoys the challenge of highly complex business contexts that are typically being defined in real-time. Above all else, the successful candidate will be a passionate builder of talent and teams. As a Manager within Finance Technology you will help set the vision for a new suite of technology that will enable thousands of global Amazonians continue to be Earth's Most Customer Centric Company.
In this role you will be responsible for leading a team of software developers to create world-class finance systems that support Amazon's global footprint. You must be willing to insist on the highest standards for quality, maintainability, and performance. The systems we own are responsible for trillions of financial events and payment flows that would rank among the largest countries in the world by GDP. You will ensure that engineering best practices are followed and that software is designed to be highly-available, dynamically scalable, and resilient to continuity threats. You will own the goals and roadmap of the your team, along with the strategic direction of your software and shape of your organization.
As a technology leader, you will drive architectural and design choices and invent new features. We have a team culture that encourages innovation and we expect developers and management alike to take a high level of ownership for the product vision, technical architecture and project delivery. Successful candidates will be high-bandwidth leaders who can cut through the noise, simplify relentlessly, deliver results, and build great teams around themselves.
- Responsible for the overall systems development life cycle
- · Develop the long-term strategy for your programs and translate that into an achievable road map/action plan
- · Management and execution against project plans and delivery commitments
- · Manage the day-to-day activities of the engineering team within an Agile/Scrum environment
- · Build and manage a team of engineers. Recruit, hire, mentor, and coach technical staff
- · Work closely with the engineers to architect and develop the best technical design and approach
- · Report on status of development, quality, operations, and system performance to management
- BS or MS in computer science/computer engineering or equivalent
- · 6+ years of industry experience as a software engineer
- · 2+ years of industry experience as a software engineering manager
- · Experience with OOD and object oriented languages
- · Track record of building and delivering mission critical, 24x7 production software system
- Deep hands-on technical expertise
- · Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- · Strong business and technical vision
- · Ability to handle multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced environment
- · A deep understanding of software development in a team, and a track record of shipping software on time
- · Exceptional customer relationship skills including the ability to discover the true requirements underlying feature requests, recommend alternative technical and business approaches, and lead engineering efforts to meet aggressive timelines with optimal solutions
Meet Some of Amazon's Employees
Senior UX Designer
Mae integrates human-centered design into tools that enable business partners to operate efficiently and intuitively. She analyzes customer needs and pain points to improve designs.
Back to top