Are you passionate about Cloud technology? Do you like compute and application framework technologies? Does the idea of working with AWS on new software solutions to ease the use of AWS technologies in Amazon sound exciting to you? Then this role might be perfect for you. HEX is an internal serverless compute platform used by many teams within Amazon. We have an ambitious vision for maximizing business agility and developer productivity. As a technical leader (Software Development Manager) in the HEX org, you will be at the forefront of defining Amazon's strategy around well-architected cloud applications, improving developer productivity, and operational excellence.
You will lead a team of brilliant engineers that provide the core AWS service integrations and cross-cutting best practices out-of-the-box for Amazon developers. Your products will continuously improve KPIs (availability, efficiency, productivity) on behalf of service owners by managing SOA concerns, providing automation, tooling, and higher-level abstractions. HEX and its partners simplify service ownership and shift common responsibilities to a common platform. You will get to work in a deeply technical space with experts in solving cutting-edge problems unique to the size and scope of Amazon.
As the leader of this space, you will hire, develop, and retain deep technical team members. You will own defining the long term vision, driving long and short term product strategy, working with internal Amazon customers as well as partnering with stakeholders such as AWS Developer Tools and Consumer Resiliency Engineering. You will be responsible for setting the team culture, best practices, and planning. You will ensure the timely delivery of new product and feature launches. A successful candidate will be comfortable dealing with ambiguity, be very customer-centric, and lead in operational excellence! You will closely work with senior and principal engineers to develop your product roadmap and strategy.
• Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field
• Equivalent experience to a Bachelor's degree based on 3 years of work experience for every 1 year of education
• 7+ years of relevant engineering experience
• 3+ years people management experience
• Experience with OOD and object oriented languages
• Experience leading teams through the entire development, deployment, and operations lifecycle
• Agile project management experience
• Experience providing career development to a team of engineers
• Ability to build high-performance teams
• Experience building complex software systems that have been successfully delivered incrementally to customers
• Deep hands-on technical expertise: knowledge of professional software engineering practices & standard methodologies for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Strong business and technical vision
• Ability to handle multiple priorities in a rapidly changing environment
• Exceptional customer relationship skills including the ability to discover the true requirements underlying feature requests, recommend alternative technical and business approaches, and lead engineering efforts to deliver results on schedule with optimal solutions