Software Development Manager
- Mexico City, Mexico
Do you thrive in solving ambiguous problems? Do you love to invent and simplify? Do you want to grow your skills and help us protect earth's largest catalog from fraud? If so, the Customer Trust and Partner support team is looking for people just like you! We are the vanguard of abuse and fraud prevention within Amazon and are constantly innovating to protect our customers from bad actors. This includes providing mechanisms for protecting Brand Identity as well as deterring new and sophisticated forms of abuse. Our vision is to create a trustworthy shopping experience for the Customer at Amazon.
The Brand Protection team is a key team within Amazon's Customer Trust and Partner support organization and avails Brand provided information as well as data gleaned from Seller/Customer behavior to determine potentially infringing products. On average, our systems thwart millions of attempts to abuse the catalog on a daily basis. Our team works with closely with our Brand partners to protect their identity and eliminate counterfeits from Amazon, globally.
We are hiring a Software Development Manager to lead our software team in Seattle. In this highly visible role, you will craft a vision to stay ahead of abuse on the catalog, partner with business teams to design and document requirements, develop and influence technical strategies on your team and it's dependencies, and manage a software roadmap for delivery of features. You'll be responsible for leading (and growing) a software team that delivers robust, scalable and stable systems to safeguard the Amazon catalog from fraud to deliver a superior, unsurpassed shopping experience for our customers.
The ideal candidate will have a background in computer science, an affinity to being a leader, experience running software teams with Agile methodologies, and experience owning a product roadmap along with a technical vision. A successful candidate will have a strong technical background, be detail driven and have excellent problem solving abilities. Your technical expertise and operational excellence will influence the team's decisions.
• BS/MS in Computer Science, Engineering, or related technical field
• Minimum 5 years of experience managing software development teams
• Minimum 8 years total software industry experience, including hands-on development and/or team management
• Experience in OOP (e.g. Java, Ruby, Python, C#, C++) and designing highly scalable systems
• Full lifecycle software development team management experience, from inception to delivery, through production operations
• Excellent written and oral communication skills
• Excellent project management skills
• Experience with the Scrum or Agile methodology
• Experience with Amazon AWS
• Ability to design software that can run in the cloud and handle Amazon-scale traffic
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Back to top