Are you a leader of software development engineers? Do you know how to create independent teams and motivate technology leaders. Do you enjoy working in a fast paced, ever changing environment and want to impact the lives of people around the world?
The AWS Kumo team is looking for a Software Development Manager to lead one of our teams in Costa Rica. In Kumo we leverage AWS technologies to operate on a global scale and deliver low-latency, highly-available services to customers and systems across Amazon. In pursuit of that mission, we are looking for an experienced manager to lead a team of software development engineers in the development of the software that shapes the way all Amazonians interact with IT Services.
In this role you will define with with your team the technical strategy for your products while creating a team culture that is trusting, transparent, and inclusive. You'll build an effective team that enjoys working with each other and solve problems. You'll look around corners, take great care of your team, build scalable systems, and help define the future of the Kumo organization in Costa Rica.
• 5+ years of experience as a software developer
• 3+ years of experience managing software development teams
• Experience developing and executing a software roadmap navigating ambiguity; handling multiple, competing priorities and deliver incrementally
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related technical discipline
• Deep hands-on technical expertise; Experience managing front-end, back-end, and services-oriented software systems
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• A passion for people management and team building