Software Development Manager
- Seattle, WA
Amazon GuardDuty is a customer facing threat detection service that was built to protect applications and services running in AWS. The service processes trillions of events and applies advanced analytics and machine learning to detect threats. If you are interested in learning about operating a service at massive scale and working alongside world class engineers, then this role is for you.
The Amazon GuardDuty team seeks a Software Development Manager to help build the future of the service. The team interacts with Math PhD's and security researchers to codify security analytics into the service. The researchers use various Machine/Deep Learning algorithms to build new detections for the service. We are innovating new ways of building massively scalable and globally distributed security systems for assisting our customers with security and compliance.
As a Software Development Manager on this team, you have deep knowledge of distributed systems and drive to develop a new and innovative security service. You will be joining a team at its inception and it will have a startup feel. The successful candidate enjoys working on complex software systems in a customer-centric environment and is passionate about building good software to ensure the software achieves its goals in operational reality.
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon's culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Our team puts a high value on work-live balance. It isn't about how many hours you spend at home or at work; it's about the flow you establish that brings energy to both parts of your life. We believe striking the right balance between your personal and professional life is critical to life-long happiness and fulfillment. We offer flexibility in working hours and encourage you to find your own balance between your work and personal lives.
Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we're building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. Our senior members enjoy one-on-one mentoring and thorough, but kind, code reviews. We care about your career growth and strive to assign projects based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded engineer and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future.
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related technical discipline
• 7+ years of relevant engineering experience
• 3+ years people management experience
• 5+ Years of experience with OOD and object oriented languages
• Project Management skills/experience
• Experience leading large-scale software projects.
• Experience running high-availability systems with an emphasis on operational excellence.
• Deep technical knowledge of software development, large-scale data technologies, distributed computing, and AWS products.
• Excellent communication and data presentation skills that allow you to clearly, compellingly, and effectively influence audiences internally and externally, across organization boundaries
• Able to operate autonomously, making the right judgment calls on approach, priorities, and solutions
• Anticipate bottlenecks, provide escalation management, anticipate and make tradeoffs, and balance the business needs versus technical constraints.
• Effective teamwork, communication, collaboration and commitment across multiple disparate groups with competing priorities.
• Ability to grow and develop your organization through successful hiring and coaching.
• Meets/exceeds Amazon's leadership principles requirements for this role
• Meets/exceeds Amazon's functional/technical depth and complexity for this role
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us
Back to top