Software Development Manager
- Austin, TX
Come help Amazon create and deploy cutting edge new technologies to deliver packages to the customer's door step! As a Software Development Manager in the Last Mile organization, you will be instrumental in creating innovative ways to take packages from our delivery stations and get them quickly and cost-effectively to our customer. The Last Mile Technology team supports multiple businesses globally, creating the technology that delivers packages for businesses such as Prime Now, Amazon Fresh, Amazon Restaurants, Amazon Lockers, and other current and new initiatives.
We are seeking a talented SDM to lead the team responsible for data transport and communication between the app and the backend services powering the core experiences in the Android and iOS delivery apps. The successful candidate is expected to be a hands-on technical manager who understands and sets a high bar for all phases of the software development life-cycle including: design, development, documentation, testing, experimentation, and operations. You will possess strong verbal and written communication skills and thrive in fast paced environments. We're looking for passionate people who love to innovate and care deeply about creating the best quality experiences to our customers.
About Last Mile:
Amazon's Last Mile teams deliver packages (retail orders, Fresh and Whole Foods grocery, Prime Now, third party partners, and restaurants) to homes, businesses, Amazon Lockers, cars, and even garages all over the world! Amazon has grown its delivery efforts to speed up customer delivery times and provide new innovations to customers. Working on the front lines of our Last Mile tech team means that daily, you have a tangible impact on an Amazon customer's experience getting his or her package.
This network is powered by hundreds of small businesses and tens of thousands of drivers that leverage Amazon's technology to deliver millions of smiles to customers each day. The technology innovations that are developed by the Last Mile tech teams help scale this exponentially growing part of our network and include a wide breath of solutions from ML and operations research based routing and planning algorithms, our own in-house maps and navigation platform, IoT and hardware innovations, and doorstep delivery experiences to consumer grade native mobile apps that brings all these experiences together.
• 7+ years of experience working directly with engineering teams
• Experience in partnering with product and program management teams
• 3+ years of people management experience, managing engineers
• Experience in building high-performance, highly-available and scalable distributed systems.
• Experience with employee development, performance management and delivering results.
• Problem-solving skills and the abilities to articulate quantitatively, scope technical requirements and effectively prioritize program deliverables.
• Presentation and written communication skills are essential, as is the ability to build partnerships with senior leaders across a variety of groups throughout Amazon.
• Able to work in a diverse team
• Proven experience establishing metrics for measurement of engineering and operational excellence.
• Experience building strategy and executing it with speed and continuous improvement.
• Experience with AWS services and technologies.
• Full SDLC experience: creating a service from scratch, supporting it in production, adding features, and sunsetting a service that has completed it's usefulness.
Back to top