Software Development Manager
- Reynoldsburg, OH
Come and be a part of Amazon's amazing growth story!
If you are looking for an opportunity to solve deep technical problems and build innovative solutions in a fast paced environment working with smart, passionate software developers, this might be the role for you. Amazon's supply chain systems makes decision to move millions of inventory units from suppliers to warehouse and optimize for Amazon cost and warehouse capacity. Our software systems include services that handle thousands or requests per second, make business decisions impacting billions of dollars a year, integrate with a network of small and large carriers worldwide, manage business rules for millions of unique products, and improve experience for millions of online shoppers. We have an opportunity to build software that scales the business, leads the industry through innovation and delights millions of customers worldwide. We leverage cutting edge technologies in big data, optimization techniques, machine learning, real time analytics and high volume, low latency, high availability services.
As Software Development Manager(SDM), you will develop a deep understanding of our business, work closely with development teams and own the architecture, development and operations of software components and services.
SDM provides technical leadership at Amazon. They help establish technical standards and drive Amazon's overall technical architecture, engineering practices, and methodologies. They work on our hard problems, building high quality, architecturally sound systems that are aligned with our business needs. They think globally when building systems, ensuring Amazon builds high performing, scalable systems that work well together. They are pragmatic visionaries who can translate business needs into workable technology solutions. Their expertise is deep and broad.
• Bachelors or Master's Degree in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent experience
• Strong in system design and problem solving
• Solid experience in Java, C++, or C# (expert in at least one)
• 2+ years of people management experience
• 5+ years industry experience in developing and launching production grade software
• Great understanding of database theory and solid experience in at least one relational of non-relational DBMS
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills
• Obsession with quality and customer experience
• Attention to detail coupled with ability to think abstractly
• Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
• Ability to take a project from scoping requirements through actual launch of the project
• Experience in communicating with users, other technical teams, and management to collect requirements, describe software product features, and technical designs.
Back to top