Software Development Manager
- Seattle, WA
For millions of customers worldwide, the Amazon name is synonymous with delivery and the Delivery (DEX) team provides those customers with innovative ways to get what they want and need, enabling the choices they make on every order, every day. We combine customer impact with retail invention, solving huge technical challenges along the way.
• This is SUPER high-visibility work: Our mission is to provide consistent, accurate, and relevant delivery information to every single page on every Amazon-owned site.
• MILLIONS of customers will be impacted by your contributions: The changes we make directly impact the customer on every Amazon site. This is a great position for someone who likes backend development and Service Oriented Architecture, but wants to see and measure their direct impact on customers.
• We are a cross-functional team that owns the ENTIRE delivery for customers: From the business requirements to the technical systems that allow us to directly affect the on-site from a central service, business and technical team members are integrated so everyone is involved through the entire development process.
As an experienced Software Development Manager for Delivery Experience, you will:
• Lead design and development of highly extensible software systems to meet the rapid growth of Amazon's delivery business and capabilities
• Lead the architectural direction working with multiple, different teams across the company
• Define the strategy and engineering roadmap for your team
• Hire and develop the industry's best talent to build a strong and well-balanced team
• Work across the organization to deliver the best in-class delivery experience for our customers while balancing critical business objectives
• Build software that easily extends to meet the high growth of Amazon's delivery business and capabilities
• Own and operate mission critical services that are highly reliable and extremely low latency
• 5+ years of managing software engineers (including hiring, performance evaluations, etc.)
• Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field or related industry experience
• Strong software design skills and with architecting highly-scalable and low latency systems
• Strong foundation in Computer Science fundamentals, such as algorithms and data structures
• Ability to handle multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced environment
• Deep understanding of cross-functional multiple-team based software development
• Excellent communications skills
• Self-directed and capable of working effectively in a dynamic environment
• Passion for solving complex and interesting problems
• Passion for driving simple, clean and efficient code
• Experience taking a leading role in building complex software systems that have been successfully delivered to customers
• Experience developing in at least one of Java, C# or C++
• Experience influencing software engineering best practices within your team
• Experience in communicating with users, other technical teams, and senior management to collect requirements, describe software product features, technical designs, and product strategy
• Experience in working backwards from the customer and delivering innovative, simple solutions
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Back to top