Software Development Manager
Come and be a part of Amazon's amazing growth story!
Amazon's Supply Chain Optimization Team (SCOT) is looking for a passionate, results-oriented software development manager (SDM) for the IPC Lab team. We run in large scale experiments in production across Amazon's worldwide supply chain. The team's vision: Accelerate Amazon supply chain innovation by accurately measuring the impact of new ideas, thereby facilitating data-drive decisions.
Every time an Amazon customer makes a purchase, a number of systems are involved: these systems help optimize inventory acquisition, enable a number of purchase options, ensure great pricing, store products so they are available for fast delivery and minimize package frustration. The Supply Chain Optimization Technology (SCOT) group develops and manages these systems. We are central to Amazon customers' ability to find what they want and get it when they want it. Within SCOT, IPC Lab team is responsible for providing a platform for executing the experiments that measure the impact of SCOT initiatives. IPC Lab provides services for automated experimental design, statistical testing and analytics. We are looking for a SDM to drive innovation in SCOT by extending automated systems for experimental design and monitoring, designing and implementing new statistical models in cooperation with our team of research and data scientists and delivering large-scale, high throughput services for our internal customers. The role has a significant impact on our systems, our business, and, most importantly, our customers. You will be involved in the earliest phases of new feature development providing "big picture" feedback. We are looking for a candidate who will challenge oneself and others to continually improve on our existing solutions.
The successful candidate is one who thrives in a fast-paced environment, has strong skills in analyzing and improving software development processes, is highly customer focused and is passionate about solving real business problems. We have a team culture that encourages innovation and expect individuals and management alike to take a high degree of ownership for the product vision, and project delivery. This position involves regular communication with senior management on status, risks and strategy. In addition, a candidate will be skilled at anticipating bottlenecks, providing escalation management, balancing business needs with technical constraints, and taking calculated risks to maximize business benefit. They will be able to focus heavily on cross functional communication to ensure key decisions and status surrounding projects are clear to all. Successful candidates should not only be passionate about delivering extensible, on-time solutions, but should also be obsessed with contributing to the development of high-performance teams through rigorous goal-setting, disciplined attention to performance metrics, continuous process improvement and mentorship.
Responsibilities include direct management of the software engineering team, strategic planning, and building on an already productive and innovative software team.
You will act as an experienced leader who understands and sets a high bar for all parts of the integration lifecycle, including design, documentation, testing and operations.
You will work hand-in-hand with business partners, understanding their needs and translating business necessities into value-added features. You will handle business escalations with a data-driven approach.
Additional Activities will Include:
- Foster culture of continuous engineering improvement through mentoring, feedback, and metrics
- Work with Product and Program Managers to understand business requirements, priorities, and processes
- Set clear, measurable quality goals for the team and team members in a data-driven way
- Have the obsession to drive a better customer experience through everything that we do here at Amazon
- Bring innovative ideas to the table every day, in order to find better ways of accomplishing our customer objectives
- Raise the bar on functionality, flow, consistency, usability, and simplicity continually; guard the world-class supply chain experience at Amazon
- Mentor and promote your team members
- BS/MS in Computer Science or equivalent
- 12+ years of industry experience.
- 6+ years of experience leading a software and/or analytics development team through full development lifecycle.
- 10+ years of software development experience.
- A passion for people management and mentorship.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience attracting, hiring and maintaining top talent
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer - Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.
- Experience leading software development teams in the creation and management of complex software systems
- Track record of developing engineers through various career stages and building high-performance teams.
Meet Some of Amazon's Employees
Senior UX Designer
Mae integrates human-centered design into tools that enable business partners to operate efficiently and intuitively. She analyzes customer needs and pain points to improve designs.
Back to top