Software Development Manager
- Seattle, WA
This is a rare leadership opportunity to holistically own a core part of Amazon's shopping experience with a team undergoing rapid investment and growth. We are looking for a strong, passionate leader to fill an SDM role responsible for the WW pricing customer experience informing customers when a price is low. In this SDM role, you will lead a team of 10 engineers and own two core experiences- Strikethrough prices that display on the website as either a "List Price" or a "Was" price, as well as the recently launched "X% Off" badge that appears on products which are at their lowest price in 30 days. These experiences are present on roughly 20% of all detail page views worldwide, and are the key methods that customers use to understand discounts on the website. This is a fast-paced startup team with recently built native AWS and datapath APIs and low technical debt/operational overhead. In addition to the core features described above and the backend services and data infrastructure that power them, there is a rich roadmap of full new features planned for 2021 that will transform the way our customers can understand the value of low prices.
1. Hire, coach and lead a team of SDEs
2. Collaborate with senior leaders to develop data-informed business and product strategy
3. Partner with our ML team to build a novel infrastructure that can power our pricing strategies, both for prices that are delightfully low and prices that are higher than usual and do not meet our standards to be featured to customers
4. Lead planning and execution of reference pricing/delight pricing roadmap
5. Provide guidance and thought-leadership on best practices to team members and business partners
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer - Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation
• Bachelor's degree or higher in Computer Science, Engineering or related field.
• Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design.
• Deep understanding of Computer Science fundamentals - object oriented design, data structures, algorithm - design, problem solving, and complexity analysis.
• Bachelor's degree or higher in Computer Science, Engineering or related field
• 5+ years professional software engineering experience
• 5+ year experience with data structures, algorithm design, problem solving, and complexity analysis.
• Ability to produce code that is fault-tolerant, efficient, and maintainable
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Strong analytic and problem solving skills.
• Experience with large-scale, distributed systems
• Experience with Agile, OOD and other software development best practices.
Back to top