The Amazon Devices team designs and engineers high-profile consumer electronics, including the best-selling Kindle family of products. We have also produced groundbreaking devices like Fire tablets, Fire TV, Amazon Dash, and Amazon Echo. What will you help us create?
We have important problems to solve. There are great, world-changing products that should exist, but do not, because the technology to enable them does not exist. Yet. That's where you come in.
We're looking for outstanding leaders who combine superb people skills with a demonstrated ability to get complex systems up and running quickly and effectively. You will be working with a unique and gifted team of engineers and scientists engaged in a fast-paced mission to conceive and deliver new products. The team faces a challenging task of balancing cost, schedule, and performance requirements. You should be comfortable collaborating in a fast-paced, highly inventive and often uncertain environment, and contributing to innovative solutions, while demonstrating leadership, technical competence, and attention to detail.
Do you want to lead a team of high performers to deliver robust, production-quality code that solves complex real-world problems? Do you want to change the lives of an entire generation of Amazon customers? If you do, you should join this team. Come and invent the future with us.
• 7+ years of experience working directly with engineering teams
• Experience in partnering with product and program management teams
• 3+ years of people management experience, managing engineers
• Master's degree or PhD in computer science, computer engineering, or electrical engineering
• Experience with working on AWS services, e.g., S3, DynamoDB, EC2, SQS.
• Good knowledge on computer vision and machine learning.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to present complex technical information in a clear and concise manner to executives and non-technical leaders
• Superior design and architecture knowledge
• Robust project planning/execution skills including estimating, scheduling and executing on committed schedules
• Deeply technical with a track record of successful delivery as an individual contributor and leader
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us//