Software Development Manager
Amazon Kindle has changed the way books are published, sold, and read across the globe. Independent authors are now able to publish and sell direct to readers through Kindle and print-on-demand offerings, enabling them to reach audiences never before available. Kindle readers are able to download any book in any language in sixty seconds. Come be a part of changing the way the world reads.
Amazon is looking for a talented and enthusiastic Software Development Manager to join the Kindle Content Technology business. As a Software Development Manager in the Kindle team you will be responsible for managing the team's roadmap, working with diverse stakeholders to deliver the right things at the right times, managing the day-to-day development process and engineering operations, and hiring to grow the team. You will own the relationships with product managers & the business teams and influence which new initiatives Kindle will launch.
The ideal candidate will have a background in computer science, have an affinity to being a leader, have experience running software teams with Scrum, and experience owning a product roadmap.
We are looking for candidates who are passionate about delivering a world-class Kindle experience to our customers.
- BS/MS in Computer Science, Engineering, or related technical field
- Minimum 5 years of experience managing software development teams
- Minimum 8 years total software industry experience, including hands-on development and/or team management
- Full lifecycle software development team management experience, from inception to delivery, through production operations
- Excellent project management skills
- Experience with the Scrum methodology
- Ability to design software that can run in the cloud and handle Amazon-scale traffic
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely both written and orally
- Quickly adapt to new development environments and changing business requirements
Meet Some of Amazon's Employees
Senior UX Designer
Mae integrates human-centered design into tools that enable business partners to operate efficiently and intuitively. She analyzes customer needs and pain points to improve designs.
Back to top