Software Development Manager
Do you want to define the future of Internet commerce?
Are you a top-notch software dev manager with a creative flare, strong problem-solving skills, the drive to build and ship products often, a solid computer science foundation, and the desire to build Amazon's next generation Internet-facing technology? Come talk with us about joining our team to expand Internet commerce. With us, you will be building cutting-edge applications and services in an environment of highly distributed systems used by millions of sellers. Your innovation could provide new functionality for sellers, deploy new web standards, or expand Amazon's web services with the goal of making it as easy for anyone to sell on Amazon as it is to buy from Amazon.
Are you ready to create systems to expand one of the world's largest e-commerce engines? If so, come be a member of Amazon's Selling Partner Service Technologies team. Our software engineers design and build world-class software solutions for millions of sellers from around the globe to sell on Amazon.com. Your work will be powering the Amazon online selling services in many countries and continents.
Can you work at the scale of the biggest Internet companies? The solutions that you will deploy must scale to accommodate rapid processing and integration with large enterprise customers. However, to add to the challenge, the solutions must also support intuitive world class UI for your neighbor to sell extra books, video games, photography equipment, and the largest selection of possible products that can be found anywhere.
Bought something on Amazon lately? Selling on Amazon is one of the fastest growing businesses at Amazon.com with about one-third of all items currently sold originating from sellers. Have you ever noticed the "See more buying choices" or "New & Used offers" while you're shopping on Amazon? Maybe you've sold an old textbook or extra movie yourself. The Selling Partner Service Technologies team owns services that enable that functionality and more.
We are looking for experienced hands-on Software Development Manager solve complex problems and support a team as they deliver innovative technology solutions.
As a SDM, you will lead and work with a talented team to innovate and deliver business and software solutions. Your ability to define and develop high scalable and high performance services is essential. In addition, successful candidates will be able to lead by example, balance development responsibilities while participating in cross team efforts including architecture planning.
Individuals interested in this position should have experience in building high-performance, reliable systems in a complex, multi-tiered and distributed environment (Service Oriented Architecture).
Join our team to work hard, have fun and make history. You will join a highly technical and entrepreneurial culture defining and building a selling experience to complement Amazon's world-class websites.
• Bachelors or advanced degree in Computer Science or closely related field
• Proficiency with object-oriented design, data structures, and algorithms
• Ability to take a project from scoping requirements through actual launch of the project
• Strong debugging, troubleshooting, and problem solving skills
• Computer Science fundamentals and technical architecture and design skills
• 4+ years of experience managing engineers
• 4+ years of experience driving new feature prioritization, development, and delivery
• 6+ years of experience engineering distributed systems
• 3+ years of experience writing and defending business plans/justifications
• Must be a self-starter and motivated
• Advanced degree in Computer Science or a related field.
• Experience working in a complex, service oriented software development.
• Experience working with Big Data and Machine Learning technologies
• Strong design, architecture, and problem solving skills
• Development experience on a UNIX or Linux platform
• Experience in web services and cloud computing
• Ability to clearly and concisely communicate with technical and non-technical customers both verbally and in writing
• Ability to understand ambiguous problems and articulate technical challenges and solutions to complex problems
• Track record of delivery across multiple teams
Back to top