Software Development Manager
- Seattle, WA
Are you inspired by invention? Do you like building end to end automated solutions to drive Amazon digital products improvement? Want to dive deeper about how customer experience can be measured by machine learning and natural language understanding? Answer yes to any of these and you'll fit right in here at Device eXperience Automation team in Seattle.
We build the automated products to measure the customer experience and digital products performance on the devices around the world. We are seeking an experienced Software Development Manager to lead, hire and expand a two-pizza team. You will focus on driving the next wave of innovation to measure the Alexa experience in terms of latency and quality. You will lead the team to expand the automation with AWS IoT, and strive for exposing the visual / audio analytic capability as self-service. You will lead the team to leverage AI and quantitative analysis to challenge conventional wisdom with hard data.
What does it take to thrive as a Software Development Manager at Device eXperience Automation?
• You need to recruit, hire, and develop the industry's top engineering talent.
• You are the owner of 1 or more products, work closely with internal customers, hardware team and scientific team to define the tactical roadmap and the strategic vision.
• You're excited about cutting edge technology to design simple but scalable solutions to measure the customer perceived experience never done before.
• You need to be creative, responsible, and curious while leading the team to move quickly and deliver the metrics and insights for our internal customers.
• You're able to think about business opportunities, understand operational implications, and lead us in evolving our architecture in the course of a single conversation.
Together, we'll develop the flywheel that deeply understands our customers and delights them with results.
• 7+ years of experience working directly with engineering teams
• Experience in partnering with product and program management teams
• 3+ years of people management experience, managing engineers
• 10+ years of experience working directly with engineering teams
• 5+ years of people management experience, managing engineers
• Master's Degree in Computer Science or related field
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Experience in Machine Learning, Computer Vision or Signal Processing fundamentals and algorithms
• Entrepreneurial spirit, with track record for delivering results in fast-moving and demanding environments
• Self-motivated individual who can set and meet simultaneous short-term and long-term goals
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer - Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation
Back to top