Software Development Manager
- Seattle, WA
Amazon's Request Routing group is looking for a Manager of Software Development to lead their core team.
Your challenge will be to lead a team of engineers to manage the incoming traffic from the public internet to Amazon websites, services and subsidiaries.
You will work with your peer teams to innovate on this field to increase Amazon protection from malicious internet attacks whilst serving customers requests. You will also work on making Amazon website faster by cooperating with your business partners and identifying new ways of rendering and serving Amazon product pages.
Your team will build tools and automated processes to simplify internet connectivity for Amazon teams and customers. There are thousands of software teams in Amazon who use your software to manage their internet traffic flow and as the leader of this team, you will have a unique opportunity in improving their experience. Your team will be using machine-learning-based solutions to distinguish human from robots in real-time in order to classify and manage incoming requests from the public internet effectively.
We own an large distributed system enables organizations in the Amazon Consumer Business (Retail, Amazon Video, Kindle, Amazon Subsidiaries and more) to accelerate innovation in the Cloud.
There are no limits to the contribution and impact this role can have, so get ready to make history!
• Bachelor degree or higher in Computer Science or related field.
• 10+ years of software development experience.
• 5+ years of software engineering management experience.
• Strong analytic and problem solving skills.
• Experience of having worked in at least one modern object-oriented programming language such as Java or C++.
• Proven track record of shipping large complex scalable systems/applications in an agile environment.
• Experience with professional software engineering best practices such as Agile project management, coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations.
• Ability to handle multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced environment.
• Strong leadership, project planning and execution skills.
• Ability to communicate clearly with technical and non-technical stakeholders at all levels.
• Strong operational excellence experience.
• Experience in managing high traffic websites
• Experience in building solutions using AWS technologies
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Back to top