Software Development Manager
Are you interested in applying your technical and leadership skills to address world-changing problems? Are you interested in driving the development of methods, models and systems for state-of-the-art robotics, transportation and fulfillment systems? If so, then this is the job for you.
The Fulfillment Execution Data Science team is responsible for developing an in-depth understanding of our current network and designing our future networks. We are looking for a motivated software development manager to drive new systems to support fulfillment.
As a Software Development Manager in our Seattle office, you will be responsible for building and leading a team of engineers in design, development, test, and deployment of a range of products in support of Supply Chain Execution. A successful candidate will have an established background in developing customer-facing experiences, a strong technical ability, excellent project management skills, great communication skills, and a motivation to achieve results in a fast-paced environment. You will be helping to hire and build your team and systems. In this role, you will:
- Be responsible for the overall systems development life cycle of a key product sub-system
- Manage and execute against project plans and delivery commitments
- Manage the day-to-day activities of the engineering team within an Agile/Scrum environment
- Manage departmental resources, staffing, mentoring, and enhancing and maintaining a best-of-class engineering team
- Work closely with the engineers to architect and develop the best technical design and approach
- Report on status of development, quality, operations, and system performance to management
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related technical discipline
- 5+ years of experience hands on building successful production software systems and applications.
- Strong knowledge of Object Oriented Programming with languages such as; Java, Ruby, C#, C/C++, Python.
- 3+ years experience leading Software development teams.
- Excellent technical communication with peers and non-technical cohorts
- Proven track record of project delivery for large, cross-functional projects
- Expert knowledge of professional software engineering practices and best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
- Established expertise in developer tools or software development lifecycle (SDLC) systems (continuous integration, version control, source code repositories, build systems, package management, deployment tools, test frameworks, etc.)
- Exceptional customer relationship skills including the ability to discover the true requirements underlying feature requests, recommend alternative technical and business approaches, and lead engineering efforts to meet aggressive timelines with optimal solutions
- Passion and convictions and the innate ability to inspire passion in others, and the ability to establish and sell the business and technical vision for a complicated problem area
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.
Meet Some of Amazon's Employees
Senior UX Designer
Mae integrates human-centered design into tools that enable business partners to operate efficiently and intuitively. She analyzes customer needs and pain points to improve designs.
Back to top