Software Development Manager
The AWS SDKs and Tools group is searching for a strong development manager for Amazon's .NET client-side libraries and tooling. We're looking for an enthusiastic .NET expert who's passionate about giving customers the best possible development experience, has strong people management skills, and is excited to deliver high-quality open-source software in a fast moving, agile environment.
In this position, you'll be at the heart of AWS, frequently collaborating with AWS services and platform teams. You'll have the opportunity to engage with external customers online and in person as the voice of AWS in the .NET development community.
The development team owns several heavily used tools and libraries, such as the AWS SDK for .NET, the AWS Toolkit for Visual Studio, and AWS Tools for Windows PowerShell. We are also stewards of the .NET Core runtime for Amazon and partner with teams like AWS Lambda and Amazon Elastic Beanstalk to bring highly impactful .NET capabilities to AWS customers.
To succeed in this role, you should be an excellent people manager, incredibly customer focused, have a strong understanding of .NET development technologies (ex: ASP.NET, .NET Core, C#, F#, EntityFramework) and a connection to the .NET developer community. You must enjoy collaborating with teams across the company, helping strong engineers grow, and delighting developers with high-quality, best-of-breed development tools and libraries.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field.
- Minimum of three years software development experience in C#.
- Track record of hiring and managing high-performing engineering teams.
- Breadth and depth of experience building and managing software systems and teams.
- Expert knowledge in .NET technologies. (ex: ASP.NET, .NET Core, C#, F#, EntityFramework)
- Knowledge of software architecture, data structures and modern design patterns.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to present complex technical information in a clear and concise manner.
- Experience with development and operation of large, web-scale systems is a strong plus.
- Experience working with agile methodologies such as scrum.
- Experience with open-source development.
Meet Some of Amazon's Employees
Senior UX Designer
Mae integrates human-centered design into tools that enable business partners to operate efficiently and intuitively. She analyzes customer needs and pain points to improve designs.
Back to top