Software Development Manager
- Munich, Germany
Amazon's Consumer Organization is the standard-bearer for Jeff's original vision: to become Earth's most customer-centric company. We are the people behind Amazon's eCommerce Business. We own the technology and the customer experience for what people know as Amazon.com.
The Amazon Consumer organization is looking for a passionate, results-oriented, inventive Software Development Manager. As the development manager, you will lead a talented and nimble team of engineers.
Responsibilities include direct management of 5+ engineers, process and quality of service improvements, strategic planning, project management for software within the team, and management of resources across teams. Successful candidates will be strong leaders who can prioritize well, communicate clearly, and have a consistent track record of delivery. The business requires creative engineering balanced with high quality and customer focus.
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related technical discipline
• 7+ years of relevant engineering experience
• 2+ years people management experience
• Experience with OOD and object oriented languages
• Deep hands-on technical expertise
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Strong business and technical vision
• Ability to handle multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced environment
• A deep understanding of software development in a team, and a track record of shipping software on time
• Exceptional customer relationship skills including the ability to discover the true requirements underlying feature requests, recommend alternative technical and business approaches, and lead engineering efforts to meet aggressive timelines with optimal solutions
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Back to top