Software Development Manager
- Beijing, China
Are you seeking a startup environment where you can drive innovation? Are you passionate about building and running global scale services in a technical leading company all over the world? In Amazon, we call ourselves a group of startup because we never stop technology innovation and keep shipping world class product to create better customer experience. Amazon is now seeking a Sr. SDE who should be the Architect cross whole China technology teams leading various critical product development, we expect your help to redefine Amazon China recommendation system, detail page, backend services, and finally create a brand new shopping experience for China customers.
This role provides an exceptional opportunity to be a leading expert of a 150+ team charged with enhancing the shopping experience by leveraging the power of Amazon platform. We will iterate fast, release frequently and try new things constantly.
You will lead a team of smart, dedicated engineers delivering large-scale distributed systems. You will drive continual improvements to the performance and scalability of our platform while keeping an extremely high bar for security, availability and customer experience.
You will run agile projects, and will support multiple stakeholders across Amazon and externally. You will be a key player in driving strategic planning, project execution.
Successful candidates for this position will be firstly self-starters with strong problem solving skills that love to get things done. We also expect you come with sound understanding of high performance transaction system. And most importantly, you are able to apply great ideas to code and form the next generation product.
If you are a tech genius who wants to build things that impact billions of customer, this opportunity is for you. If you are a rock star who wants to grow in your leadership in a true multinational environment, this opportunity is for you. If you feel you can do so much more but feel stuck at where you are currently, this opportunity is for you. Join us today and let's make history!
• Master's Degree in Computer Science or related field with 7+ years relevant experience; or Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field with 10+ years relevant experience
• Solid experience on building high-performance, highly-available and scalable distributed systems
• A deep understanding to object-oriented design and programming
• Proficient in building software applications in Java and/or C++, preferably in a Unix/Linux environment
• Solid RDBMS experience, familiar with SQL
• Strong verbal and written communication skills in Mandarin and English
• Knowledge of professional software engineering practices for the full software development life cycle
• Experience in leading engineering team, coach and develop start coder as well as junior engineers
• Experience with agile development methodologies
• Thorough understanding of Service Oriented Architectures
• Experience launching an entirely new website end to end
Back to top