Software Development Manager
- Seattle, WA
Interested in building Software Systems and Services that will be used by employees of one of the largest employers in the world? At Amazon, we are on a journey to become the most technically proficient HR organization in the world. We are a product organization with a mission to build world-class, easy, and intuitive Time and Attendance products for our employees.
What is Time and Attendance (TAA) Organization?
We enable businesses worldwide to effortlessly set up scheduling, time capture, and pay for hourly-paid associates. TAA serves Amazon employees across 27+ countries and more than a dozen business lines. We are a start-up tackling new, hard problems that Amazon has not solved at scale, creating fundamentally improved ways for employees to record time and reduce pay defects. TAA has a balance of start-up vision and operational excellence, technical complexity and clear product definition, and global scope across multiple Amazon businesses. We are developing a suite of solutions (including self-service hardware and software solutions) that can be configured flexibly and quickly to support Amazon's high-growth populations. We must be able to move at Amazon speed and support new and varied business launches with products built with increased scalability, configurability, test automation, and rapid deployment.
You will be leading a talented and motivated group of engineers to build and manage a critical service that other services in the organization depend on.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Manage a team of software development engineers to build scalable systems.
- Hire and develop a team of highly talented engineers.
- Work with your team to define and develop an inclusive team culture that fosters individual growth and team success.
- Own the complete software development lifecycle; defining, prioritizing, designing, and leading implementation and testing of new features.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to present complex technical information in a clear and concise manner to a variety of audiences.
• 7+ years of relevant engineering experience
• Experience in partnering with product and program management teams
• 3+ years of people management experience, managing engineers
• Demonstrated ownership of a software engineering road map and experience managing the day-to-day activities of a team using Agile/Scrum processes
• Ability to handle multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced environment
• Comfortable presenting to an executive audience and commanding large, diverse cross-functional teams in a composed, poised and professional demeanor
• Experience running a highly scalable, highly performance service with a track record of operational excellence.
Back to top