Software Development Manager
The Team: How often have you had the opportunity to develop the technology that is redefining the customer experience for one of the fastest growing and strategic areas of Amazon's retail business? Are you interested in joining a global team that is on the front-line of Amazon's innovations using computer vision, image recognition, machine learning, 3D visualization, big data, and responsive application frameworks? Are you interested in full stack development opportunities to make Amazon the single best shopping destination for clothes, shoes and accessories? This is your chance to get in on the ground floor with a team that is shifting the paradigm for online shopping with disruptive experiences and new business models that haven't been solved at scale before - anywhere. Join us and you'll be taking part in changing the future on how customers discover brands and products that match their unique style and fit.
The Role: As Software Development Manager, you will be responsible for leading a team of engineers in design, development, test, and deployment of new customer facing experiences. A successful candidate will have an established background in building customer facing products and services, the ability to build and manage a team of skilled engineers, a strong technical ability, excellent project management skills, great communication skills, and a motivation to achieve results in a fast-paced environment.
- Responsible for the overall systems development life cycle.
- Management and execution against project plans and delivery commitments;
- Manage the day-to-day activities of the engineering team within an Agile/Scrum environment.
- Management of departmental resources, staffing, mentoring, and enhancing and maintaining a best-in-class engineering team.
- Collaborate with a cross functional team of product managers, user experience designers and business clients to develop and deploy scalable technologies.
- Work closely with the engineers to architect and develop the best technical design and approach.
- Report on status of development, quality, operations, and system performance to management.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field
- 5+ years of experience designing and developing complex, interactive consumer applications
- Technical credentials, with at least 4 years of experience managing software development teams, ideally with some hands-on architectural or distributed systems experience
- Experience building customer and developer facing products and services
- MS, Ph.D. in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or Electrical Engineering
- A strong track record of project delivery for large, cross-functional, projects
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to present complex technical information in a clear and concise manner to a variety of audiences
- A track record of communicating well with executives and non-technical leaders
- Experience building frameworks for creating applications on various platforms
- Ability to work in a dynamic environment
Amazon provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.
Meet Some of Amazon's Employees
Senior UX Designer
Mae integrates human-centered design into tools that enable business partners to operate efficiently and intuitively. She analyzes customer needs and pain points to improve designs.
Back to top