Software Development Manager
- Dublin, Ireland
We are building large-scale real-time transactional systems, batch processing systems, web crawling and storage platforms. We need to process bid requests in the orders of tens of billions per day with our real-time and batch processing systems. To handle data at this scale, we use cutting-edge open source technologies like Hadoop, Spark, Redis and Amazon's cloud services like EC2, S3, EMR, DynamoDB and RedShift. We are not tied to one technology. Instead, we use what is best suited for the purpose. All of our systems tend to be loosely coupled, communicating using synchronous and asynchronous messaging, leading to a classic distributed processing architecture. All our systems need to also implement complex machine learning and optimization algorithms at scale.
We are looking for a hands on engineering leader for AdRunway. AdRunway is a platform with the goal of solving some of the common problems encountered by teams in building and operating Machine-Learned models. We aim to accelerate the productivity of ML engineering teams all over Advertising, by enabling them to offload their infrastructure management for computing, and tooling requirements to AdRunway. Our charter is to build a set of robust, self-service tools that provide cohesive model building, consumption and lifecycle management workflows. We are looking for leaders who like building large-scale systems and who thrive in a fast paced fun environment. You would architect and design business critical systems, write high quality code, mentor engineers, influence across teams in the organization and instill high standards for software development in the team.
• 4+ years of professional software development experience
• 3+ years of programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
• 2+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems
• A Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or a related field is a must, as is relevant work experience in software testing.
• 5+ years of management and a proven ability to translate business needs into test and automation requirements.
• Proven analytical and quantitative skills ability to use hard data and metrics to back up assumptions and develop project use cases and deciding the right priority.
• Proven ability to architect large-scale test automation systems.
• High attention to detail including precise and effective customer communications.
• Ability to manage multiple, competing priorities simultaneously.
• Ability to understand and discuss technical concepts, schedule tradeoffs and opportunistic new ideas with technical employees.
• Should be able to think strategically and execute methodically and tactically.
• Superior verbal and written communications skills.
• Ability to work in a fast-paced environment where continuous innovation is desired.
• Composed, poised and professional demeanor.
• History of teamwork and willingness to roll up one's sleeves to get the job done.
• An ability to take large, complex projects and break them down into manageable pieces, develop functional specifications, then deliver them in a successful and timely manner is expected
Back to top