Software Development Manager
- Cambridge, MA
Interested in Alexa products? Do you have potential to venture into a green field, define innovative products and deliver them at a pace unheard of? We're building solutions that turn cutting edge technologies in Acoustic Event Detection and Speech Emotion Recognition into new experiences for Alexa customers. If this excites you; come join us!
As a Manager of Software Development, you will be responsible for leading a team of engineers, define cutting edge capabilities that delight customers enabling fast pace of innovation for Alexa customers. A successful candidate will have an established background in developing web services, a strong technical ability, excellent project management skills, great communication skills, and a motivation to achieve results in a fast paced environment.
• Work with science and product partners to define product and technology roadmap
• Responsible for the over-all systems development life cycle
• Management and execution against project plans and delivery commitments; Manage the day-to-day activities of the engineering team within an Agile/Scrum environment
• Management of departmental resources, staffing, mentoring, and enhancing and maintaining a best-of-class engineering team
• Work closely with the engineers to architect and develop the best technical design and approach
• Report on status of development, quality, operations, and system performance to management
If you have an entrepreneurial spirit, know how to define a product and deliver, are deeply technical, highly innovative and long for the opportunity to build pioneering solutions to challenging problems, we want to talk to you.
• 7+ years of experience working directly with engineering teams
• Experience in partnering with product and program management teams
• 3+ years of people management experience, managing engineers
• Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science
• Experience designing and developing interactive customer experiences.
• Experience with the tools of the trade including a variety of modern programming languages (Java, C/C++) and open-source technologies (Spring, Hibernate)
• Experience communicating with executives and non-technical leaders
• MS, Ph.D. in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, etc.
• Experience building machine learning based software products and services
• Hands-on architectural or distributed systems experience
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to present complex technical information in a clear and concise manner to a variety of audiences
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us
Back to top