Software Development Manager
- Windhof, Luxembourg
Come and be a part of Amazon's amazing growth story!
Amazon Transportation Services is hiring an experienced, talented, and motivated software development manager to join us in Core Transportation Technologies in Luxembourg.
As Software Development Manager, you have technical ownership of platform components in Core Transportation Tech. You'll lead a talented and nimble team of engineers. Responsibilities include direct management of 6+ engineers, process and quality of service improvements, strategic planning, project management for software within the team, and management of resources across teams. Successful candidates will be strong leaders who can prioritize well, communicate clearly, and have a consistent track record of delivery. He or she will bring a strong sense of ownership, ability to hire and lead a team, desire to have an industry wide impact and ability to work within a fast moving environment in a large company to rapidly deliver services that have a broad business impact.
If this is you, come chart your own path at Amazon!
• Bachelors or higher degree in Computer Science or Engineering
• 7+ years of experience building and managing development teams
• 5+ years of experience managing the delivery of and effectively operating a highly reliable, scalable and complex system
• Experience in agile development methodologies
• Effective verbal and written communication skills
• Masters degree in Computer Science or Engineering
• Experience in developing long-term strategies and influencing leadership decisions
• Experience in partnering with product and program management teams
• Experience in developing software using big data technologies
• Experience in developing software for managing large scale Transportation and Logistics Operations
• Exhibits excellent judgment
• Has relentlessly high standards
• Strong business and technical vision
• Good attention to details and organizational skills
Applications with English CV only please
Are you interested? We are looking forward to receiving your application. Please submit your online application including your CV, covering letter (both written in English) and certificates (school, university), stating your earliest start date and salary expectations separately in the applicant form.
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build. By submitting your resume and application information, you authorize Amazon to transmit and store your information in the Amazon group of companies' world-wide recruitment database, and to circulate that information as necessary for the purpose of evaluating your qualifications for this or other job vacancies.
Back to top