Software Development Manager
- Hyderabad, India
Are you a senior technical leader who wants to own critical, highly scalable systems, and spur innovation? Can you attract and grow the engineering talent needed for those kinds of challenges? Are you skilled at managing complex projects that require interacting with both technical as well as business folks?
The HYD Tax Software team, part of eCommerce Services at Amazon, owns core services in the tax software platform that generate tax invoicing at Amazon. We're at the intersection of software that can never go down and need to move at agile, internet speed. We're at the hub of Amazon's massive, worldwide service-oriented architecture. We are looking for a Software Development Manager who is excited about leading a talented team to innovate, tackle complex problems and operate a complex and mission critical system under extreme loads.
We're looking for a technical leader who can own a set of core services, own driving Operational Excellence for those services. This team will own a set of core tax services.
The successful candidate is expected to be a technical manager who can deliver software and who understands and sets a high bar for all parts of the software development and deployment life cycle including: design, development, documentation, testing and operations. You must possess strong verbal and written communication skills, be self-driven and deliver high quality results in a fast paced environment. We're looking for people who are smart and can get things done.
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related technical discipline
• 7+ years of relevant engineering experience •
• 2+ years people management experience
• Experience with OOD and object oriented languages
• Deep hands-on technical expertise
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Strong business and technical vision
• Ability to handle multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced environment
• A deep understanding of software development in a team, and a track record of shipping software on time
• Exceptional customer relationship skills including the ability to discover the true requirements, underlying feature requests, recommend alternative technical and business approaches, and lead engineering efforts to meet aggressive timelines with optimal solutions
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation
Back to top