Do you want to work for a manager who cares about you as a person and who will provide both positive and candid feedback to help you develop career skills? Do you, in turn, want to contribute significantly to the team responsible for managing Amazon's global workforce data which impacts more than half a million employees?
At Amazon People Technology, we are building a new cloud native data platform and services to securely house and vend our (Amazon's employees) job and personal information. The new platform will transform and vend data at scale so that employees can get paid, receive benefits, and many other critical functions.
We are looking for an experienced Software Development Manager who will lead teams of engineers to build business critical workflows, platform components, and integrations with other systems.
As a leader on this team, you will draw from your deep and broad technical expertise to hire and mentor engineers. We expect engineers and management alike to take a high level of ownership for the product vision, technical architecture and project delivery. We need a leader who can cut through the noise, passionately simplify, deliver results, and manage a diverse team. You will be responsible for delivering some of our most strategic technical projects at the cutting edge of scale with a significant bottom-line impact on our business and competitive position.
• 7+ years of experience working directly with engineering teams
• Experience in partnering with product and program management teams
• 3+ years of people management experience, managing engineers
• Strong business judgment and record of making the right decisions
• Experience hiring and developing technical leaders (software engineers and technical program managers)
• Experience designing and simplifying processes and technical implementations
• Passion for insisting on high standards
• Expects and requires innovation of her/his team
• Experience delivering large, multi-year projects on time
• Excellent verbal and written communication
• Bachelor degree in a technical field or equivalent experience,
• Experience leading a team of at least 20 technical people
• Experience building and delivering critical, 24x7 production systems
• Experience with Amazon Web Services
• Experience with Workday, PeopleSoft, or other HCM systems
• Deep understanding of engineering best practices
• Deep understanding of enterprise systems and data integration
• Deep understanding of agile project management methodologies
• Experience writing production code
• Experience with global technology implementation efforts and roll-outs
• MBA or advanced degree preferred
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.