Software Development Manager
- Culver City, CA
Amazon Studios is at the forefront of revolutionary changes reshaping the entertainment industry. We are developing innovative tools and processes to elevate data-driven decisions through all areas of the organization.
The Studios Data Engineering team continues to evolve a robust platform that brings together data from all phases of the content lifecycle: from pre-greenlight, through production and post-release performance analyses. We harness the value and hidden insights buried in our massive data stores to support predictive models, financial workflows, production optimization efforts - and much more.
Our team is seeking an experienced manager eager to lead a team of engineers to develop applications, services and infrastructures that will empower our business and technical partners within the Studio. There is tremendous growth going on at present so the ability to lead the development of scalable solutions and manage multiple efforts simultaneously is crucial.
Equally important as the solutions the team develops is the necessity for this manager role to develop and foster growth among the engineers on the team to help them all become stronger developers and leaders. As the team continues to grow, this person will be expected to recruit and hire additional resources.
This position is located in beautiful Culver City, California. Join us!
• 7+ years of relevant engineering experience
• 3+ years of people management experience, managing engineers
• Experience in partnering with product and program management teams
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, related field or equivalent experience
• A passion for developing and mentoring engineering resources
• Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
• Experience with cloud-based computing/infrastructure (AWS, Azure, etc.)
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status.
For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Pursuant to the Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Back to top