SOFTWARE DEVELOPMENT MANAGER
- Bengaluru, India
Come and be part of the AWS Supply Chain team and build systems that enable AWS to rapidly grow and continue to be the pioneer and widely recognized leader in Cloud Computing, and have direct and immediate impact on the hundreds of thousands developers and businesses around the world who use AWS every day.
Supply Chain Management (AWS_SCM) systems are at heart of ensuring that we can provide our customers with the right computing services, in the right region, at the right time! The SCM team is responsible for building inventory and warehouse management systems that enable control of our global footprint for our hyper-growth cloud and automate the orchestration required to ensure physical and financial control of inventory.
As a technical leader on the team, you will be responsible guiding your team through the design, development, testing, and deployment of a range of products. In addition, you will help build the roadmaps for software teams, developing cutting edge experiences.
We are looking for an experienced technical manager who is excited about building industry leading distributed systems in the Supply Chain domain. You will be part of the team that architects, designs, and implements highly scalable distributed systems that provide availability, scalability and latency guarantees. This is a hands on technology position. You need to not only be a top software manager with a good track record of delivering, but also excel in communication, leadership and customer focus. This is a unique and rare opportunity to get in on the ground floor and help shape the cloud WMS and SCM technology, product and business. A successful candidate will bring deep technical and software expertise and ability to work within a fast moving, startup environment in a large company to deliver solid code that has a broad business impact.
• 8+ year's overall development experience
• Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or equivalent - Masters in CS preferred
• Management experience in development of Java/C/C++ based products/application, preferably on a Linux/Unix platform
• Ability to hire and lead a team of talented SDEs. . Ability to define the roadmap for the Inventory product
• Supply Chain Management domain experience
• Candidates with strong backgrounds in demand forecasting.
• Excellent leadership, verbal and written communication skills
• Ability to work well with people and be both highly motivated and motivating
• Strong mentoring and technical leadership skills
• Meets/exceeds Amazon's leadership principles requirements for this role
• Meets/exceeds Amazon's functional/technical depth and complexity for this role
Back to top