Software Development Manager
- Seattle, WA
Are you a passionate technical leader that can have a huge impact on a growing business? Are you eager to dive into complex business and process problems, setting functional and architectural direction with development teams?
The Alexa Alarms team is seeking a Software Development Manager who is focused on leading teams to build mission critical software used by Amazon customers. Our domain consists of highly-scalable distributed backend systems, with complex optimization and scaling challenges. We work closely with our users to deliver features with high frequency. We're looking for software development leaders who share our passion for continuously improving the customer experience, who are motivated by challenging problems in distributed systems and algorithms.
If you have an entrepreneurial spirit, know how to deliver, are deeply technical, highly innovative and long for the opportunity to build pioneering solutions to challenging problems, we want to talk to you.
As a Software Development Manager on the team, you will be expected to
- Take on hard, ambiguous problems and break them down to their simple parts.
- Manage a team of high caliber Software Engineers working on building world class, scalable distributed systems and mobile customer experiences.
- Recruit, hire, mentor, and coach Software Development Engineers at different levels of experience.
- Manage and execute against project plans and deliver commitments within a professional, high paced engineering environment.
- Interface with our internal customers to understand requirements, set priorities and communicate direction and progress.
- Own all operational metrics and support for your teams' software.
- Drive improvements in software engineering practices.
• 7+ years of relevant engineering experience
• Experience in partnering with product and program management teams
• 3+ years of people management experience, managing engineers
Bachelor's degree or higher with a technical discipline • 10+ years of professional experience with 5+ years of consumer facing software product management experience • Experience leading cross-functional teams to deliver products and projects on tight deadlines • Experience coordinating complex product development cycles and software development schedules • Familiarity with mobile technology, web services and back-end application infrastructure
• MBA or Master's degree
• Passion for creating innovative solutions for consumers in households
• Experience delivering solutions enabling customers to discover, install, and manage mobile apps and/or services.
• Experience delivering consumer software products and services in a high growth environment
• Strong verbal and written communication skills with demonstrated experience engaging and influencing senior executives
• Strong analytical and quantitative skills with the ability to use data and metrics to back up assumptions, recommendations and drive actions
• Proven track record of taking ownership and successfully delivering results in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
• Demonstrated ability to understand and discuss technical concepts, manage tradeoffs and evaluate opportunistic new ideas with internal and external partners • Experience with developer evangelism.
• High attention to detail including precise and effective customer communications and proven ability to manage multiple, competing priorities simultaneously.
• Ability to think strategically and execute methodically.
• Ability to work in a fast-paced environment where continuous innovation is desired.
• History of teamwork and willingness to roll up one's sleeves to get the job done.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us
Back to top