Software Development Manager
- Seattle, WA
This is a Software Development Manager role at Amazon Pharmacy.
Amazon Pharmacy is a full service online pharmacy that sorts medication by the dose and provides convenient multi-dose packets, vials, and bulk medications to a patient's door. We believe in the best possible pharmacy experience for our customers. Our custom software powers our many clinical and operations specialists who work on our customers' behalf every day.
As a leader of a team of engineers, you will need to develop a deep understanding of pharmacy operations, the internal workings of Amazon's PharmacyOS, and available technology in order to guide the technical vision and roadmap. You will also need to be motivated and driven to shape the future of an evolving product offering.
You should thrive in a fast-paced environment, be obsessed with providing great experiences to our customers, and care deeply about the quality and scalability of your team's solutions, as well as your team's development.
Responsibilities include direct management and coaching of 5+ engineers, process and feature improvements, strategic planning, project management for software within the team, and management of resources across teams. Successful candidates will be strong leaders who can prioritize well, communicate clearly, and have a consistent track record of delivery. This business requires creative engineering balanced with high quality and customer focus.
Professional traits that are not unique to this position, but necessary for Amazon leaders:
• Exhibits excellent judgment
• Hires and develops great people
• Has relentlessly high standards (is never satisfied with the status quo)
• Is able to dive deep and is never out of touch with the details of the business or the technology
• Expects and requires innovation of her/his team
• Has passion and convictions and the innate ability to inspire passion in others
• Strong results orientation
• Thinks big
• 7+ years of experience working directly with engineering teams
• 3+ years of people management experience, managing and hiring engineers
• Experience in project management of complex deliverables and resource management
• Knowledge of professional software engineering practices and the full software development life cycle, including source control, build processes, testing, code reviews, and operations
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or equivalent.
• 4+ years of Software Development experience.
• Coding experience in Java, C++, or related technologies.
• Experience in communicating with users, other technical teams, and senior management to collect requirements, describe software product features, technical designs, and product strategy
• Knowledge of emerging platforms, Linux, operating system principles, and programming best practices.
• Proven track record in leading, mentoring and growing teams of engineers
• Experience building complex software systems that have been successfully delivered to customers
• Ability to make tradeoffs between delivering results in the short term while aiming at ambitious long term goals
• Hands on expertise in many disparate technologies, ranging from front-end user interfaces through to back-end systems and all points in between.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us//
Back to top