Software Development Manager
- Seattle, WA
Does the challenge of advancing one of the world's most scalable, reliable, and secure e-commerce platforms that drives billions of dollars in revenue excite you? Have you ever wanted to work on problems that will make a lasting impact, solving key problems that impact the experience of millions of Amazon customers? If you are passionate about solving complex problems, in a challenging environment, we would love to talk with you.
The T1 Seller Development (T1SD) organization owns the charter to drive WW seller growth on Amazon. Our products are strategically important to the long term growth of Amazon's consumer businesses, and our organization's initiatives are highly visible to Amazon's executive leadership. We will accomplish the ambitious growth goal through building innovative and scalable technical products and platform.
As an Software Development Manager within the Seller Development organization you will help build the core growth platform that pioneers the best seller growth experience. This is a great opportunity to build a greenfield large scale software system that serves as the foundation of our vision for the years to come. You will work with a diverse, talented, experienced, tech and product team members. You will innovate to design simple but scalable solutions for problems never solved before that ensures Amazon's Customer Obsession within our Marketplace. You will have the opportunity to work with business partners, senior leadership and engineers, influence and drive product vision and lead the design of our systems. At Amazon, we are known for our customer obsession. We need your ideas and your ability to take initiative, innovate, and produce results as we continuously improve the customer experience.
The ideal leader for this role will be an independent thinker who makes convincing, data-driven decisions. The ideal candidate will devise clear strategy, positioning and execution priorities and will be comfortable thinking big as well as diving deep. They will be a pragmatic visionary who can identify opportunities and lead the team to translate them into workable, scalable technology solutions. They must be comfortable working with complex challenges, as well as working with engineering, product, other stakeholders . They will be an expert in building and developing high performance teams.
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field
• 10+ years of software industry experience working in object oriented software development
• 7+ years of managing software teams, including all aspects of people development and team building
• 5+ years in a manager of manager's position
• Highly motivated self-starter with bias for innovative thinking
• Excellent written and oral communication skills
• Excellent business judgement
• Experience with software development principles and application of clear methodology in SDLC
• Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations.
• Prior experience developing high quality, large scale consumer applications
• Experience building customer and developer facing products and services
• A strong track record of project delivery for large, cross-functional, projects
• Ability to work in a dynamic fast-paced environment
Back to top