Software Development Manager
- Seattle, WA
Kindle Unlimited (KU) is Amazon's digital reading subscription which offers members all over the world access to millions of titles across ebooks, audiobooks, comics, magazines, and more. The KU Subscription Lifecycle engineering team owns the technology that powers all subscription customer facing touch points from program discovery, acquisition innovation, retention, to services that power the various customer facing experiences across Kindle and Amazon surfaces. As an engineering team we thrive on innovation that delights our customers and keeps them in the program. We are seeking an innovative, results-oriented, and customer-centric Software Development Manager to be part of the Kindle Unlimited organization.
We are looking for an experienced Software Development Manager that's excited to build innovative technologies that define the future of reading. If you are the one that's excited about entrepreneurial thinking and creating technology solutions for tough problems we want to hear from you.
What you will do here: You will lead a full stack software development team providing both strategic and tactical oversight to build features and functionalities required to have best-in-class experiences for Kindle Unlimited customers across the world. You will have the opportunity to dive deep into solutions across a variety of technologies and form factor devices, practice excellent project management, set expectations on delivery both upstream and downstream of your team in an agile environment.
What you will get from us: A great team to work with and the chance to build a top tier services at a proven top tier company. You will get a startup like culture with the stability of an established industry leader. You will get support and resources from some of the smartest people in the industry to continue learning.
Come join us now!
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation
• Must have a strong background in Computer Science and have at least a Bachelor's Degree in the area or its equivalent.
• 8+ years of industry experience with at least 2 year experience managing team of skilled software development engineers and interfacing with other highly technical engineering leaders
• At least two full end-to-end software delivery lifecycles
• At least 5 years of hands-on software development experience with Object oriented software design and development, Programming in C++/Java/Objective-C
• Demonstrate technical leadership of both people development and projects execution with strong customer focus
• Strong analytical and problem solving skills are required
• Experience and interest in helping teams resolve critical issues under time pressure
• Demonstrate ability to lead teams, work cross-functionally, and build consensus on difficult issues and communicate clearly
• Experience and ability to develop processes and procedures which will enhance the product quality for our customers and developers experience
• Possess strong verbal and written communication skills
• Participate in non-technical aspects including idea generation, business analysis, and process optimization collaborating with program managers and product managers.
• Master's degree in Computer science or related field
• You are extremely technical and have significant development experience
• You have excellent interpersonal skills and enjoy working in a highly iterative, agile, and open team environment
• You build the right product for your customers and pride yourself on delivering products on-time against deadlines
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Deep hands-on technical expertise
• Ability to handle multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced environment
• A deep understanding of cross-functional multiple-team based software development
• A strong business and technical vision with the ability to translate these in business and technical approaches, and lead engineering efforts to meet rigorous timelines with optimal solutions
• Experience building and deploying machine learning models
Back to top