Software Development Manager
- Asyūţ, Egypt
Imagine being a part of a small, agile team where your ideas have the potential to reach millions within a matter of months. Picture working on cutting edge consumer-facing products, where every single team member is a critical voice in the decision-making process. Envision being able to leverage the resources of a Fortune-500 company within the atmosphere of a start-up. Welcome to Amazon Music, where ideas are born, and come to life.
The Amazon Music Android and iOS teams are responsible for the Music client application on thousands of Android and iOS devices. The application is released via the Google Play Store and Apple App Store. The team is responsible for creating new user interfaces, building features and maintaining operational excellence. This team works closely with Android and iOS teams in San Francisco.
This team operates in a fast-paced, innovative and highly ambiguous environment. A successful manager will be able to anticipate requirements, surface innovative solutions to mobile application development, improve the overall development efficiency of the team and loves to deal with ambiguity.
You will work closely with technical teams in San Francisco to create and enhance the application and to support high quality releases. You will lead a talented and nimble team of development and QA engineers. You are a strong and flexible leader who can prioritize well, know how to properly deal with ambiguity, changes in scope, have excellent communication skills, and have a track record for delivering results.
Professional traits that are not unique to this position, but necessary for Amazon leaders:
• Demonstrates excellent judgment
• Mentors and leads great people
• Passionately insists on high standards (never satisfied with the status quo)
• Is able to dive deep and is not out of touch with the details of the business or the technology
• Requires innovation of your team
• Has passion and convictions and the innate ability to inspire passion in others
• Results oriented
• Thinks Big
• 7+ years of relevant engineering experience
• 3+ years of people management experience, managing engineers
• Experience in partnering with product and program management teams
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related technical discipline
• Deep hands-on technical expertise
• Experience with mobile technologies, preferably Android and/or iOS
• Ability to handle multiple contending priorities in an energizing environment
• Experience managing quality assurance teams
• A deep understanding of software development in a team, and experience shipping software on time
• Extraordinary customer relationship skills including the ability to discover the true requirements underlying feature requests, recommend alternative technical and business approaches, and lead engineering efforts to meet daring timelines with optimal solutions
• Strong problem solving and analytical skills
• Clear, concise written and verbal communication
Back to top