Software Development Manager
"Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world; indeed, it's the only thing that ever has." - Margaret Mead.
We are building a small team of passionate people focused on changing the world for the better. We are starting from scratch, we are going to be scrappy, and we are going to focus on taking care of people. We are going to apply the same principles that made Amazon great especially Customer Obsession and Think Big, into a new vertical. We are looking for smart, passionate people who have a strong sense of ownership and strong engineering mindset. Amazon's strategic initiatives division needs a world class engineering leader for AWS Cloud Infrastructure to launch a new, confidential program. If you want your work to positively impact the lives of millions of people and you're up for a challenge, let's talk.
We are looking for experienced, passionate, and talented DevOps and Infrastructure architects and leader to innovate and automate in the rapidly growing area of big data and machine learning platform. The goal will be to integrate the latest data technologies into a new cloud service to provide a managed platform for our customers. This role will specialize in all aspects of big data and cloud services management in AWS. Knowledge of Cloud management and DevOps best practices is vital. You would be architecting, driving and optimizing the platform DevOps for Applications and Machine Learning services. You will help with new customer and platform launches and act as a frontline support for production software issues.
As a DevOps & Infrastructure Leader, you will work closely with partners such as Technical Program Managers and Product Managers to execute technical work necessary to launch in a new customer. You will also monitor and resolve issues that arise from existing software. High impact production issues often require coordination between multiple Development, Operations and IT Support groups, so you get to experience a breadth of impact with various teams. To succeed in this position, you should be detail oriented, have superior verbal and written communication skills, possess strong organizational skills, have the ability to juggle multiple tasks at once, be able to work independently and maintain professionalism under pressure. Ideally, you are able to identify problems before they happen and implement solutions that detect and prevent them. You will be hiring, developing and mentoring a talented team of DevOps, Cloud Engineer and Security Engineers.
As a key leader on the team you will
- Design & Develop Cloud infrastructure: We are building a for HIPPA compliant data platform. Our systems range from providing easy to use, high capacity service to protection from the most sophisticated attackers. Enable the platform to leverage massive data sets and deep learning algorithms from AWS infrastructure
- Measure and Improve: We obsess on identifying new ways to measure the effectiveness of our solutions and ways to improve them. We Identify areas of improvement in our frameworks, tools, processes and strive to make them better. We continually evaluate our success metrics and evolve our reporting systems.
- Hire, Develop and Mentor a talented team of DevOps, Cloud and Security engineers
- Compliance Measures: We are building data platform for Healthcare and security and compliance is fundamental to success for our our Customers and Amazon. You will be driving the HIPPA and other healthcare Security and compliance design, audit, monitoring activities.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related technical discipline
- 10+ years experience in building and leading diverse and technically deep teams in cloud computing (AWS) and or Data Warehousing
- Master's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related technical discipline
- Experience in driving complex, cross-organizational projects
- Experience in creating and driving a bold vision
- Experience with realtime, high throughput, low latency systems, mission critical 24x7 systems
- Experience in Amazon Web Service (AWS) and cloud computing
- Experience with Data Warehousing systems
- Experience with NoSQL data stores
- Experience with DevOps methodologies in a cloud environment
- Experience building machine learning systems
- Experience with AWS big data management system
Professional traits that are not unique to this position, but necessary for Amazon leaders:
- Exceptional attention to detail, drive for quality
- Hire and develop top talent
- Is able to dive deep and is never out of touch with the details of the business or the technology
- Thinks big, and encourages the team to follow suite
- Drives and builds innovation within their team
- Passion and conviction and the innate ability to inspire passion in others
- Has a bias for action that delivers exceptional results
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation
Meet Some of Amazon's Employees
Senior UX Designer
Mae integrates human-centered design into tools that enable business partners to operate efficiently and intuitively. She analyzes customer needs and pain points to improve designs.
Back to top