Software Development Manager
Amazon is looking for a Software Development Manager to lead our Seattle development teams. This is an opportunity to lead several senior engineering teams which will build services connecting Amazon's supply chain, ordering systems, and customers.
In this role, you will be responsible for technical leadership, local management and direction of multiple technology teams. You will be heavily involved in our logistics platform - guiding the convergence of existing systems with emergence of new technology. You will work with global operations leaders to build Amazon's next generation of transportation logistics solutions for Amazon and third-party providers. Your teams will be building the services which manage the coordination of thousands of vehicles worldwide. Strong ability to envision, capture and guide architecture across teams is a must.
We are seeking a seasoned manager and technical leader with a strong track record of owning successful products. You'll build and manage a strong team in a fast-paced, start up-like environment. As a technical leader, you'll need to be a pragmatic visionary that can translate business needs into workable technology solutions that scale both technologically and operationally. Given our rapid growth, you'll need to be able to lead the organization through change, evolution, and sustained growth as well as be able and willing to roll up your sleeves and get hands on when necessary.
The successful candidate will have a strong engineering background and able to look at the big picture: from both a business and technical perspective. A proven history driving highly visible initiatives and system roll outs is critical. Being able to align work across numerous Agile teams is key. Additionally, you will have the ability to manage across multiple geographies.
Finally Amazon services are part of one of the World's largest Production systems. This requires all candidates to be able to balance sustaining and stability issues for a 24x7 environment with new development.
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Computer Science or a related discipline
- 5 + years experience building and managing high performance software teams
- 5 + years of OO software development experience in C++ or Java (preferably both)
- 3 + years of experience using scrum, kanban, TDD, CICD
- Experience building and operating extremely high volume and highly scalable web services
- Experience building and operating highly available, 24x7 services
- Experience building and operating globally distributed systems
- 7+ years experience building and managing high performance software teams
- 10+ years of OO software development experience in C++ or Java (preferably both)
- Master's degree in Computer Science or a related discipline
- 3+ years of experience in optimization algorithms development (e.g, supply chain optimization, operations research, network design, machine learning, etc.) and/or transportation domain.
- Working knowledge of databases, SQL desired.
- Experience working with Python, Scala, Apache Spark, Map-Reduce
- Experience in new product development.
- Excellent debugging and troubleshooting skills, with an enthusiastic attitude to support and resolve customer problems
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation
Meet Some of Amazon's Employees
Senior UX Designer
Mae integrates human-centered design into tools that enable business partners to operate efficiently and intuitively. She analyzes customer needs and pain points to improve designs.
Back to top