Software Development Manager
- Bangalore, India
We are looking for an experienced software development manager who is interested in building the next generation of online payment system that supports numerous countries and payment methods with high bar for availability and security.
In this role, you will be responsible for delivering some of our most strategic technical projects, deliver large scale systems, design new software systems at the cutting edge of distributed storage and database technologies and have a significant revenue growth and bottom-line impact on our business and competitive position.
As a Software Development Manager, you will be part of the larger technical leadership community at Amazon. This community forms the backbone of the company, plays a critical role in the broad business planning, working closely with senior executives to develop business targets and resource requirements, influences our long-term technical and business strategy, helps us hire talented team of engineers and ultimately enables us to deliver innovative new solutions rapidly.
• 7+ years of relevant engineering experience
• 3+ years of people management experience, managing engineers
• Experience in partnering with product and program management teams
Key Responsibilities include:-
• Ability to code right solutions starting with broadly defined problems,
• Understand basic Algorithm fundamentals
• Development of code in object oriented languages like C++ and java and build large scale robust distributed systems
Candidates for this role must have:
• A solid grounding in Computer Science fundamentals (based on a BS or MS in CS or related field)
• Proven educational track record with sound data structure and algorithm knowledge
• Work closely with software developers and managers to architect and develop the best technical designs, architectures and implementations.
• Develop monthly, quarterly and yearly strategy and roadmaps for the team based on project priorities and project benefit.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to present complex technical information in a clear and concise manner to a variety of audiences.
• Work with Product and Program Managers to develop and evolve the vision and strategy for the team.
• Use Agile principles to run the development lifecycle for team's applications and services.
• Manage, execute and communicate project plans and delivery commitments.
• Staff, mentor, enhance and maintain a best-of-class software development teams.
Back to top