Software Development Manager
- Seattle, WA
Amazon's mission is to be 'Earth's most customer-centric company', and our award-winning Customer Engagement Technology (CET) team is an essential part of that mission. This organization powers customer service by developing elegant Customer and Customer Service Associate (CSA) facing products that effortless self-service and automation. CET innovates on behalf of customers, developing bot, self-service, and associate-facing products which delight customers and support our world class customer service workforce. CET leverages big data, NLP, ML, and a focus on continuous innovation to create an amazing experience for customers while scaling the business each year.
The CET Security team is responsible for building systems that protect the data needed to power these innovations. Our protective technologies include identity/access management (IAM), role- and attribute-based access control (RBAC & ABAC), bot and fraud detection, firmware and operating system, and event collection/anomaly detection. We truly own the full stack, from traditional software services and web stacks, to the hardware and operating system on our customer service associates' desks.
We are looking for a seasoned Software Development Manager to help build and own our innovative IAM strategy and systems.
The successful candidate will want to manage a team of engineers in delivering critical corporate and department features. The candidate will have a history of designing and building large-scale software solutions, leading teams in project scoping and planning, and delivering to schedule.
• Translation of complex functional and technical requirements into detailed project plans and schedules.
• Balance of near term deliverables with long term investments.
• Responsible for the overall systems development life cycle.
• Delivery of quality applications on time and on budget.
• Management and execution against project plans and delivery commitments.
• Management of departmental resources, staffing, and enhancing and maintaining a best-of-class engineering team.
• Continue to build an effective development organization by driving the recruiting and hiring of senior level engineers, developing and managing the group, and conducting performance reviews of team members.
• Work closely with engineers to architect and develop the best technical design and approach.
• Meet with business partners to gather requirements and communicate capabilities.
• Create metrics and report on status of product quality to management, customer support and product teams.
• 3+ years of experience building and managing development teams that design and deliver large distributed systems.
• 3+ years of experience managing and effectively operating a complex system that is highly reliable and scalable.
• Bachelors degree in Computer Science, Engineering, related discipline, or equivalent experience.
• Demonstrated responsibility for delivering and owning large scale, cross company systems.
• Demonstrated ability to develop long-term strategies and influence leadership decisions.
• Deep hands-on technical expertise.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Strong business and technical vision.
• Ability to handle multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced environment.
• Ability to work on a diverse team or with a diverse range of coworkers
Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Back to top