Software Development Manager
- Bangalore, India
AmazonPay, one of the fastest growing businesses of Amazon, enables e-commerce websites to accept, and customers to utilise the payment information stored in their Amazon.com accounts to pay for goods and services at sites off-Amazon. AmazonPay also enables customers to manage their account preferences and see their off-Amazon transactions.
As a Software Development Manager, you will lead a team and will be a role model to set an example for others at all times. You will build strong, highly-effective teams you can trust, delegate decisions and tasks to others in your organization. You will build processes that drive accountability within your team, where people assume and take responsibility for actions and decisions. You in the face of ambiguity and imperfect knowledge will innovate with bold bets to drive business growth. You will solve problems at their root, stepping back to understand the broader context. You will continually align your team's work, goals and priorities with Amazon Pay business objectives. You along with your team will develop pragmatic solutions. You will build flexible systems and processes without over-engineering and choose simple, straightforward solutions over more complex ones
You must be able to
• Lead highly-effective teams, delivering highly available and reliable software for large, critical, and complex systems.
• Inculcate a culture of innovation and operational efficiency in the team
• Influence technical priorities and business strategy through data-driven contributions
• Successfully manage all stages of a program (from concept to delivery)
This is an excellent opportunity to join Amazon's world-class technical teams, working with some of the best and brightest engineers while also developing your skills and furthering your career within one of the most dynamic, innovative and progressive technology companies anywhere. In addition to a stimulating working environment, Amazon offers mentoring programs, regular tech talks with principal engineers, and a variety of career paths to pursue.
Come join us we work hard, have Fun and make History!
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or a related technical discipline
• Software development background in object-oriented programming, distributed systems, Java, C++, Linux/UNIX, and SQL
• 7+ years of experience on software development teams with hands-on involvement in system architecture, design, and performance
• Deep technical expertise and strong problem-solving and data analysis skills
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to present complex technical information clearly and concisely to a variety of audiences
• The ability to handle multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced environment
• A thorough understanding of software development in a team and a strong track record of shipping software
• Experience hiring, managing, career development, goal setting multiple teams and projects
• Experience defining system architectures, technical trade-offs, and design patterns.
• Development experience defining, developing and maintaining web service API's
• Experience in communicating across teams and stakeholders on technical designs and solutions
• Meets/exceeds Amazon's leadership principles requirements for this role
• Meets/exceeds Amazon's functional/technical depth and complexity for this role
Back to top