Software Development Manager
- Vancouver, Canada
Ever wondered how Amazon offers the earth's biggest selection and still manages to offer lower prices every day to our customers? The Contra CoGS team creates the systems that help drive costs lower. Given the rapid growth of our business we apply cutting edge technology to complex business problems.
As a technical leader on the team, you will be responsible for guiding your team through the design, development, testing, and deployment of a range of products. You will help build the roadmaps for software teams, developing cutting edge customer experiences. You will have sound technical acumen, excellent project management skills, great communication skills, and hire, build, and develop your team. You are a true owner - deeply interested in product design and you innovate relentlessly on behalf of our customers. You are a coach, a mentor and a leader who creates positive climate in the workspace. These projects have huge visibility and impact as those are tied very closely to Amazon's profitability and growth.
To meet these challenges, Amazon's Contra CoGS team is looking for a passionate, talented, and super-smart Software Development Manager. We are looking for someone who innovates, loves solving hard problems, and never takes 'no' for an answer.
• 3+ years of experience building and managing development teams
• Demonstrated success delivering software projects using Agile / Scrum methodologies
• Strong verbal and written communication skills and demonstrated technical leadership
• Track record of delivering software projects to customers
• Experience defining system architectures and exploring technical feasibility tradeoffs
• Experience with modern programming languages (Java, Python, etc)
• Bachelor's degree in computer science or relevant industry experience
• Works well in a fast-moving team environment and is able to effectively drive cross-team solutions having complex dependencies and requirements
• Master's Degree in Computer Science or related field
• Experience with distributed computing
• Experience communicating with other technical teams, and senior management to collect requirements, and produce technical designs
• Experience mentoring junior software engineers to improve their skills and influencing best practices within your team
• Software Development Experience with distributed systems
Back to top