Software Development Manager
- Seattle, WA
Interested in Machine Learning? Amazon SageMaker is a fully managed Machine Learning platform that makes it easy to build ML models, manage them, and integrate them with custom applications for online predictions. SageMaker https://aws.amazon.com/sagemaker/) takes away the heavy-lifting normally associated with large-scale Machine Learning implementations, so that developers and scientists can focus on the truly creative work of modeling and solving the business problem at hand.
As an engineering leader, you will own the innovation in the space of ML Platforms, building compelling functionality for the Amazon SageMaker Service. You will be responsible for leading a team of strong engineers in design, development, test, and deployment of distributed systems and big data solutions. A successful candidate will have an established background in developing distributed systems, a strong technical ability, excellent project management skills, great communication skills, and a motivation to achieve results in a fast paced environment.
• Responsible for the over-all systems development life cycle
• Management and execution against project plans and delivery commitments; Manage the day-to-day activities of the engineering team within an Agile/Scrum environment
• Management of departmental resources, staffing, mentoring, and enhancing and maintaining a best-of-class engineering team
• Work closely with the engineers to architect and develop the best technical design and approach
• Report on status of development, quality, operations, and system performance to management
• Customer engagement and product road map definition
If you have an entrepreneurial spirit, know how to deliver, are deeply technical, highly innovative and long for the opportunity to build pioneering solutions to challenging problems, we want to talk to you.
Inclusive Team Culture
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon's culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Our team puts a high value on work-life balance. It isn't about how many hours you spend at home or at work; it's about the flow you establish that brings energy to both parts of your life. We believe striking the right balance between your personal and professional life is critical to life-long happiness and fulfillment. We offer flexibility in working hours and encourage you to find your own balance between your work and personal lives.
Mentorship & Career Growth
Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we're building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. We care about your career growth and strive to assign projects based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded engineer and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future.
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or equivalent combination of technical education and experience
• 5+ years of experience with at least 2 years in a Software Development Manager role managing managers.
• 2+ years experience building distributed systems
• 1+ years experience in preparing quality metrics and effectively engaging with stakeholders to set and drive quality goals
• 5+ years of experience in the Software Development Industry
• 2+ years of experience in managing managers
• Experience with large scale distributed systems
• Experience with Machine Learning
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities
who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Back to top