Software Development Manager
Amazon Web Services (AWS) is the world leader in providing a highly reliable, scalable and low-cost infrastructure platform in the cloud.
The EC2 Windows and Enterprise Management team works on a wide range of areas to allow customers to easily manage large fleets of instances and run their mission-critical infrastructure on AWS. Windows-specific work includes Drivers, Virtualization, Performance and other lower-level platform components to make EC2 the best place to run Windows Server-based workloads. On the Enterprise Management side, we are building exciting new services and capabilities to extend the EC2 platform to make it easy for customers to manage their infrastructure through features like Run Command and Automated Launch Configuration with many more exciting features in the works!
We are looking for a looking for a Software Development Manager to lead a key development team responsible for building services to allow enterprise customers to easily manage and run their workloads in EC2. The ideal candidate will be passionate about cloud computing, and about building simple and high-scalable software services. The candidate is a leader who is focused on the customer, communicates clearly, and understands how to drive a high level of focus on engineering and operational excellence.
For more information on Amazon EC2, please visit http://aws.amazon.com/ec2.
- Bachelor's degree or higher in Computer Science, Engineering or related field
- 5+ years professional software engineering experience
- 3+ years of experience building, leading, managing and mentoring high-performance engineering teams
- Deep understanding of computing systems, software architecture, data structures and algorithms
- Proven track record delivering high quality software on time
- Demonstrated passion for people leadership, management and mentoring
- Possess strong verbal and written communication skills
- Possess strong analytical skills, with excellent problem solving abilities in the face of ambiguity
- Proven track record of building and shipping enterprise software products
- Domain knowledge and prior experience in physical and cloud provisioning, performance monitoring, IaaS, PaaS etc. is highly desirable.
- Experience building and operating scalable infrastructure software or distributed systems
Meet Some of Amazon's Employees
Senior UX Designer
Mae integrates human-centered design into tools that enable business partners to operate efficiently and intuitively. She analyzes customer needs and pain points to improve designs.
Back to top