Passionate about building, owning and operating massively scalable auditing platform? Experienced in building and leading teams of highly competent software engineers ranging from new graduates to architects and managers? Want to make a billion-dollar impact? If so, here is an opportunity tailored for you.
Who are we?
It's no secret that Amazon relies on its technology to deliver millions of packages every day to its customers on time, with low cost. We, the Transportation Technology division, build the complex software solutions that work across our vendors, warehouses and carriers to optimize both time & cost of getting the packages delivered. Our services already handle thousands of requests per second, make business decisions impacting billions of dollars a year, integrate with a network of small and large carriers worldwide, manage business rules for millions of unique products, and improve ordering and delivery experience for millions of online shoppers. That said, this remains a fast growing business and our technical journey has only started. With rapid expansion into new geographies, innovations in supply chain, unique delivery models for products ranging from Fresh groceries to big-screen TV's, increasingly complex transportation network, and growing number of shipments worldwide, we see a brand new opportunity to fundamentally change the way people get the stuff they need, and make a big impact by cutting billions of dollars of transportation costs from the ecosystem. Our mission is to build the most efficient and optimal transportation system on the planet, using our engineering muscle as our biggest advantage. We aim to leverage cutting edge technologies in big data, machine learning, and optimization techniques, and operate high volume, low latency, and high availability services. Oh, and we will need great leaders too (this is where you come in ... read on)
What will you do?
As the development manager, you will lead our auditing platform that drives automation of Amazon transportation financial. You'll lead a talented and nimble team of engineers that will scale our invoice life cycle management to the next level. You will lead the next generation invoice search capabilities, audit workflows, algorithms based detection and resolution of invoice disputes. The eventual goal of this product is to (1) become a multi-dimensional auditing platform which can feed into upstream systems like planning to make better and automated decision on network. (2) Become a AWS hosted solution for any business to on-board
Responsibilities include direct management of engineers, tech leads. You will lead process and service improvements, strategic planning, project management for software within the team, and management of resources across teams. Successful candidates will be strong leaders who can prioritize well, communicate clearly, and have a consistent track record of delivery.
Professional traits that are not unique to this position, but necessary for All Amazon leaders:
• Exhibits excellent judgment
• Hires and develops great people
• Has relentlessly high standards (is never satisfied with the status quo)
• Is able to dive deep and is never out of touch with the details of the business or the technology
• Expects and requires innovation of her/his team
• Has passion and convictions and the innate ability to inspire passion in others
• Strong results orientation
• Thinks big
• B.Tech in Computer Science or a related field.
• 4+ years overall technical/product development experience.
• 2+ years of experience in managing 1-2 pizza size team.
• 2+ years of experience in object-oriented design, and agile development methodologies
• Deep hands-on technical expertise
• Excellent attention to detail and organizational skills
• Excellent project management skills
• Documentation skills
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Strong business and technical vision
• Ability to handle multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced environment
• A deep understanding of software development in a team, and a track record of shipping software on time
• Exceptional customer relationship skills including the ability to discover the true requirements underlying feature requests, recommend alternative technical and business approaches, and lead engineering efforts to meet aggressive timelines with optimal solutions.