Software Development Manager
- Seattle, WA
Amazon Alexa is seeking a Software Development Manager to drive initiatives on the leading edge of Machine Learning (ML), Natural Language Processing (NLP), Information Retrieval (IR), and Speech.
Working collaboratively with scientists and developers, you will design and implement new products and features within Alexa as well as automated, scalable NLP/ML/IR models for accessing and presenting information. This exciting opportunity will impact the customer experience, design, architecture, and implementation of a cutting-edge product that will be used every day by people you know.
If you are an entrepreneurial, data-driven, innovative, and influential individual who thrives on solving complex ambiguous problems and building innovative solutions in a fast-paced environment working within a smart and passionate team, this might be the role for you.
In this role you will,
• Manage a team of high caliber Software Engineers working on building world class, scalable systems
• Recruit, hire, mentor, and coach Software Development Engineers at different levels of experience
• Manage and execute against project plans and delivery commitments within an Agile/Scrum environment
• Contribute to and lead design, architecture, process and development discussions
• Own all operational metrics and support for your team's software
• Drive improvements in software engineering practices across engineering teams
• 7+ years of experience working directly with engineering teams
• Experience in partnering with product and program management teams
• 3+ years of people management experience, managing engineers
• Proven ability to manage multiple, competing priorities simultaneously. Ability to work in a fast-paced environment where continuous innovation is desired.
• Analytical acumen - comfortable generating and evaluating data to guide decisions. Strong attention to detail and organizational skills.
• Ability to code in one programming language
• Excellent verbal/written communication skills, including an ability to effectively collaborate with research and technical teams, earn the trust of your colleagues, and influence senior stakeholders
• Ability to engage multiple technical teams to drive consistent expectations towards a shared goal
• Fluency in engineering best practices
• Proven problem solving skills
• Previous work experience as a software developer
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us//.
Back to top