Software Development Manager
- Tokyo, Japan
The Fulfillment By Amazon (FBA) - Inventory Technology (FIT) organization is focused on driving free cash flow by automating and optimizing our third-party fulfillment supply chain. We are looking to hire an experienced Software Development Manager to lead our FBA Replenishment Optimization team.
The Replenishment Optimization team owns products and services that provide sellers restock recommendations to help them maintain the right amount of inventory in Amazon's FCs for the right products at the right time. As the tech leader for the team, you will own setting the technical and product vision to influence sellers to manage their inventory efficiently according to Amazon's recommendation.
In this role, you will work with SCOT Leadership, Product Managers, Partner teams, Scientists and other stakeholders to drive the long-term vision for our product. You will set the team's technical vision and implement processes to help your team deliver on their goals. As a people manager, you will help your team grow and develop as leaders. You will define processes and mechanisms to establish your team's culture.
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field
• 10+ years of software industry experience working in software development
• 5+ years of managing software teams, including all aspects of people development and team building.
• Experience owning the full product lifecycle from product definition and roadmap through delivery.
• Highly motivated self-starter with bias for innovative thinking
• Excellent written and oral communication skills
• Excellent business judgement
• Experience building highly scalable data science systems.
• Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations.
• Experience communicating with users, other technical teams, and senior management to collect requirements, describe software product features, technical designs, and product strategy.
Back to top