Software Development Manager
- Seattle, WA
Interested in developing next generation communication and notification platforms? We leverage AWS technologies to operate on a global scale and deliver low-latency, highly-available services to customers, systems, and mobile devices across Amazon. In pursuit of that mission, we are looking for experienced Software Development Manager to help build our Alerting Platform.
This team has a fast-paced environment where we "Work Hard, Have Fun, Make History." On a typical day, our product managers might talk to several customers, define and prioritize the roadmap, deep dive to root cause a customer issue, release the latest new feature, consult with the top engineers and designers at Amazon, define and report business metrics, create pricing strategies, do go-to-market planning, discuss radical new approaches to building and operating at scale, the list goes on. You'll be surrounded by people who are incredibly smart, passionate about monitoring, and believe that we are only scratching the surface of what this service can really do to help application and service owners everywhere
This is a hands-on position where your daily activities will range from strategic planning to new system development to supporting the customers that depend on your services. You will lead your teams to deliver consistent, well-defined results in an agile systems development workflow. To succeed in this role, you will deliver on-time results that delight your customers while inspiring your team to think big about their work. If this sounds like a fit, we would love to speak with you.
• Provide bottom-line ownership for your systems and software.
• Build a strong team, hiring new resources as needed to enable team growth.
• Develop and execute against organizational and team roadmaps, goals and strategies.
• Champion and orchestrate cross-departmental projects and initiatives.
• Create individual employee development plans; cultivate career growth of team members.
• Meet business objectives in a metrics-driven environment.
• Define and measure the success of deliverables.
Interested? Intrigued? We would love to hear from you.
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or equivalent.
• 7+ years of Software Development experience, including hands-on development work and object-oriented design.
• 5+ years of experience leading and managing engineering teams.
• Experience identifying business opportunities, building a product strategy, and influencing deliver against a multi-year roadmap
• Understands core technologies utilized in their product domain and is fluent in pros and cons of technical alternatives
• Drives alignment and coherent product feature, business, and evangelism strategies
• Ability to handle multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced environment
• Strong leadership, project planning and execution skills
• Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations.
• Master's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or equivalent.
• Exceptional sense of ownership, including an ability to promote operational excellence.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Proficient program and product management skills.
• Experience with AWS platforms, services, and design patterns.
• Meets/exceeds Amazon's leadership principles requirements for this role
• Meets/exceeds Amazon's functional/technical depth and complexity for this role
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us
Back to top