Are you passionate about creating both the best buying AND selling experience on the internet? Would you enjoy being able to tell your friends your team shipped code that made buying on Amazon easier and safer in your first few weeks? As a Software Development Manager on the Customer Trust and Partner Support team you will be actively working on systems and features that accomplish this for buyers and sellers on Amazon.com everyday.
Who you are: You're an experienced technical leader who's passionate about software development. You have great intuition - Amazon teams run like businesses giving you the control to run things the way you see fit, allowing you as a manager to be responsible for your team top to bottom. You enjoy the opportunity to mentor engineers on your team and work hard to see their career grow.
The Selling Partner Trust and Loyalty team is geared to protect Amazon customers (Buyers, Brand owners and Sellers). We realize that the future of Marketplace and Amazon is increasing trust across all facets of the buying and fulfillment experience. Our vision is to provide Buyers and Sellers with the most trusted experience, exempt from performance gaps, abuse and negative post-purchase experiences.
We will be delivering a wide range of automation and experiences using massive datasets and distributed frameworks. You will develop high performance applications and services to facilitate the world's largest selection to millions of customers. We will learn from existing data through machine learning and build targeted solutions that help Sellers improve their performance and maintain the excellent Customer Experience that meets our Marketplace bar.
You are a hands-on manager with an established background in developing high-volume and highly available services. You have excellent technical, business, and communication skills, and the motivation to achieve results in a dynamic, fast-paced, high-stakes environment.
• Strong technical credentials, with expertise in OOP, Java or C++.
• 10 years of experience in Software development and 5 years as a Development Manager.
• Demonstrated track record of hiring, developing and retaining exceptional technical talent.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to present complex technical information in a clear and concise manner to executives and non-technical leaders.
• Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related degree.
• Master's degree and/or PhD in Computer Science, or related discipline.
• Experience with building large scale, distributed systems.
• Effective track record of coordinating multiple Agile development teams.
• Exceptional customer relationship skills including the ability to discover the true requirements underlying feature requests, recommend alternative technical and business approaches, and lead engineering efforts to meet timelines with optimal solutions.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us